So *this* is where all the cool crocheters hang out online!

booklvr

Hi all! :-)

The other day, I was "perusing poncho patterns" (funny where trends will send you, eh?), and I stumbled across some crochet "blogs". I'd never read a blog before, just heard of them, but started reading through a few, thinking how cool it was that there were online crochet journals with pictures and everything. So yesterday I decided to find out what it takes to create a blog, and in less than 15 min. I had one! LOL Weird, wacky stuff! I had no idea it would be so easy...now we'll see if I can keep it going or not, eh? ;-)

So this morning I decided to peruse a few more blogs before getting to work, and saw a link to "Crochetville" on the "Crochet Crafts" blog, and thought I should check it out (I love online forums). Imagine my suprise and delight when I found these boards, with people who's blogs I've been reading here and there posting! How very cool...I'm hoping to find out more about the crochet-a-longs I read about on blogs, swaps, etc...sounds like so much fun. :-)

Anyways, crochet is my main hobby - I've been teaching myself over the past couple years, and have a hook and yarn in my hands just about every evening for at least a little while. You can read about my "start" in my blog (wrappedinyarn.blogspot.com) if you'd like to - actually, it's the only thing there so far - I'm just getting started. LOL

A little about me personally - I'm a "webmistress" full time for our local county, just married this fall (Sept. 4), just moved to a new house this fall too, so lots going on right now. I have tons of pets, I love to read, love to cook, and I'm really sick of painting, since we decided to paint most of the house when we moved in. LOL

I just thought I'd post a general "hi" here...so nice to "meet" all of you, and I'll look forward to getting to know everyone! :-)

Jamie

:welcome Jamie! I loved your intro. Isn't it funny how you can follow a link that takes you to another link that goes to another place where you finally discover something great...and you enjoyed the trip along the way? :D:D!

I am also a webmistress (the topic of my site: crochet!!! :cheer2 :woohoo ) and I love to read.

Glad to have you! :bounce

Rachel

www.crochetpatterncentral.com

Welcome Jamie:welcome

I stumbled this board the same way. I haven't heard of blogs either. I started one, but nothing to read about yet. Seem like everyday life is getting in the way of learning how to set up a blog. :bang

Glad you found this board too. :rollin

Betsy :yay

Hi Jamie! (welcome!)

I had the blog FIRST... then found Crochetville. The SAME WAY you did... Surfing :computer

I think you'll :heart it here. We are a very *special* 8o group of people. :ha

:ducky

Guest zoezzoo

:wave

Hi,

I'm new here, too, and also found the blogs before finding this, both very good things in life:cheer2

Love your intro!

:hug

zoezzoo (deb)

Hi Jaime

:welcome It's so funny, I found this place through a blog as well :clap I haven't started one myself, but I do enjoy reading other people's :)) Maybe someday.... who knows lol

Nice to meet ya!

Marvie (who also loves books!)

Awwww...thanks for such a warm welcome! You're all so sweet, and I've been visiting blogs in people's signatures - very impressive! What a creative and talented bunch! :))

I've noticed a few tea-drinkers as well (I don't drink coffee, and switched from soda to tea a few years ago), and pet owners too...I have lots of pets. I plan on crocheting some pet blankets and beds for larger sized dogs one of these days...not too many patterns out there for dogs the size of mine (Doberman, Doberman X and a Collie). Time seems to be an "issue" however... :wink

hi:welcome glad that you found us. i also am a tea drinker, have you every tried madagascar vanilla tea? ohhhhh is it good, in fact think i will go and make myself a cup right now as it is cold, windy and rainy here in washington state where i live.:<> hope to ehar from you alot. vicki:)h

Archived