Which 1 mag would you pick?

**Ann**

I'm only able to subscribe to 1 crochet magazine and trying to decide which one.

I've narrowed it down (like I have a lot of choices :lol ) to:

Crochet!

Fantasy Crochet (wish it came more often)

Hooked on Crochet (is this still in print??-have old issues I like)

So which would you pick for a beginner/advanced beginner crocheter? I do mostly quick projects that I can get done before the kids unravel it :eek FYI I like trendy stuff and stuff for kids for the most part too.

Thanks

Ann

Hi,

Hooked on Crochet has been my favorite for years. Lot's of fun, practical patterns. But Crochet! has a lot of great fashions for today's women. The Crochet Fantacy is changing into more of a fashion crochet magazine. It is a tough decision. I get all three, so I probably am not much help. Good Luck.

LInda:manyheart

I've bought the last 2 issues of Fantasy Crochet because those are the only 2 I've ever seen-but I liked the variety in them. I've only gotten Crochet! a few times also since I never seem to find it anywhere. My old library used to carry it and I looked at it every month (the only crochet one they had) but my library now has Crochet World and I don't care for it much.

All the Hooked on Crochet I've seen are at least 5 yrs old or older I think(picked them up at a garage sale for .15 each :) )-I've never even seen a current one!

Obviously the stores around here are wanting in selection!

I've got a crochet expert close by ("angelhair" here) so maybe I'll see what she has for me to look at.

Too bad Interweave Crochet isn't more often!

thanks

Ann

hmmm-maybe I'll have to get all 3 after all ;)I'll have to skip a few gourmet coffees to pay for them :)

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!! Don't you dare. There aren't enough of us true coffee lovers left! They all gone to the "sissy" tea thing!!:lol Go to the library and read the magazines but DON'T GIVE UP THE COFFEE:eek :lol

I'm not that wild about Crochet! Magazine. I find the patterns are too bizarre looking. I like to crochet practical things like sweaters, afghans, placemats, etc. that people can actually use. I'm lucky if I can find one or two things in each issue that I might want to try. I must say, though, this month they have a pattern for a very nice looking afghan that I'd be tempted to try...PAM

I like Crochet! best out of the choices, but that's because I usually only like garments. But its not my favorite, my favorite is Interweave Crochet (but that's only once a year). Vogue has a new magazine called Knit Simple. It is for quick knitting and crocheting projects. That one I think is really worth it, if you know how to do both. Good Luck on your choice!

This is soo bad for me to say and I am sorry.. But looking back... I have subscribed to a number of crohcet magazines mostly from Annies Attic like the Crochet Newsletter and Hooked on Crochet.( In fact of have over 20 years worth of some) One ends up with so many it is hard to think back of what you wanted to do and which mag it was in. In this computer age I think you can find lots of great crochet patterns free on many web sites from the different Yarn Companies etc. They take up less room and up to date in style and cost less!! But have told hubby if anything ever happens to me don't throw away my crochet magazines lol lol...Good luck with your decision..

Archived