Ever think you're addicted to crocheting?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only every night . . . and I pay for it at 4 a.m.:yawn:tired:out:morcoffee

I always plan on going to sleep at a reasonable hour, but then I just want to finish one more row, *but I can't just stop at the end of a row, so I'll just make 15 stitches on the next row. Ok, maybe 25, well I'm this far into it I might as well finish the row. Repeat from *

I am totally addicted...and what keeps me going is when people place orders...then i attempt to come up with new stuff to keep them interested....oh my weary eyes and hands....hehe

Sure, I HAVE TO crochet every chance I get -- and I even DREAM about the creation of beautiful pieces that come off my hook and the softness of the yarn slipping thru my fingers while I create those pieces -- but, I wouldn't say that I am "addicted" -- nah, it's just a habit that I can't (and don't want to) break. :-D

OK, I've only been 'using' for three months now.... is it still time to back out, or do you think it's too late and I'm 'hooked'? I plan three or four projects ahead, work on at least three things at a time, and yes.... I dream crochet.

uh oh.

Your Hooked. :hook

I have been addicted to this art form for more years than I care to think about. Change it. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!

I no longer do the marathon crocheting through the night, though I have many, many a night. But I crochet every spare moment I have. My corner in the computer room is set up for my Crochet work and bead work. Everything handy and just the way I want it. :hook

I Freely admit I am Hooked, Addicted, Or I Should say Owned by my Crochet Hooks. :eek

Only every night . . . and I pay for it at 4 a.m.:yawn:tired:out:morcoffee

I always plan on going to sleep at a reasonable hour, but then I just want to finish one more row, *but I can't just stop at the end of a row, so I'll just make 15 stitches on the next row. Ok, maybe 25, well I'm this far into it I might as well finish the row. Repeat from *

:lol yea, I know that feeling, been there done that. When I think just a few more stitches,,, few more rows,,few more rounds. yep we always pay for it the next day..trying to stay awake :eek

OK, I've only been 'using' for three months now.... is it still time to back out, or do you think it's too late and I'm 'hooked'? I plan three or four projects ahead, work on at least three things at a time, and yes.... I dream crochet.

uh oh.

I am just as bad. I have many bags for crochet bags--beach bags,, large purses,, diaper bags. I call them ready bags I will start something new do a few rows of it to get it started and then put the crochet project in the bag with directions if they are any. Most times I make up my work... Crochet hooks:hook and scissors also goes inthe ready bag. When the project gets to big to take out of the house it stays by the rocker and I take a new project a differnt ready bag for the roads. I love and have goten 8- 10 projects going at once. I am now trying to break that down to 5 at once. But then you see new yarns,, new projects and when you belong to 3 crochet groups there is always something to learn more or see another book, another yarn,, another new color another hook to try out. alot of times I will be somewhere and see something and think those colors would look good in crochet work of this and that. My husband would say how do you see that?

And when you sleeping and dreaming there are new ideas floating in your dreams.

Yes, I can be very addicting to crochet~~~but then there is still house work to do,, etc....

I don't like Bamboo crochet hooks~~~

Oh, absolutely addicted. Crochet relieves ALL my stress, and I'm like a junkie. Hubby laid off work? Toddler daughter just flushed ANOTHER sock down the toilet? Teen daughter dating Evil! Scary! boy? No problem! I just sit down with my current 'ghan, and it all goes away...for a little while. :lol

Crochet used to be more relaxing for me, until recently when my three year old began begging, pleading, to lay on the afghans with her dolls to watch cartoons, WHILE I make them. Doesn't matter to her if the blanket in question is 4 inches long, or 40 inches. It got so bad I finally had to let her, but it makes for difficult turns.

Oh, absolutely addicted. Crochet relieves ALL my stress, and I'm like a junkie. Hubby laid off work? Toddler daughter just flushed ANOTHER sock down the toilet? Teen daughter dating Evil! Scary! boy? No problem! I just sit down with my current 'ghan, and it all goes away...for a little while. :lol

Crochet used to be more relaxing for me, until recently when my three year old began begging, pleading, to lay on the afghans with her dolls to watch cartoons, WHILE I make them. Doesn't matter to her if the blanket in question is 4 inches long, or 40 inches. It got so bad I finally had to let her, but it makes for difficult turns.

Let her pick out her own colors and make her own blankie~~ that should solve the problem. If she is not able to pick her own colors then pick her colors from her favorite cartoon. She will be very happy about having her own blankie~

Let her pick out her own colors and make her own blankie~~ that should solve the problem. If she is not able to pick her own colors then pick her colors from her favorite cartoon. She will be very happy about having her own blankie~__________________

Oh, she has many of her own already! :lol She picked the colors on the last one, too...she just wants to be part of the crocheting, and is too small yet to do it.

Oh heck yeah...this weekend I went out of town for an overnight stay...we went to a museum and after we got back from that and dinner, I settled down to crochet and could not stop until about 5 hours later...I paid for it the next day with a stiff shoulder and neck...and then I got riled up again last night for about 8 hours working on an original design...sometimes I wonder how I get anything else done around the house...and I get cranky if I can't crochet when I want to...that's a sign right there...

Reminds me of my cat Serenghetti...and trust me, she has her own kittyghan and tons of toys and yarn to play with...but noooo, she wants what I'm working on...always...

I am just as bad. I have many bags for crochet bags--beach bags,, large purses,, diaper bags. I call them ready bags I will start something new do a few rows of it to get it started and then put the crochet project in the bag with directions if they are any. Most times I make up my work... Crochet hooks:hook and scissors also goes inthe ready bag. When the project gets to big to take out of the house it stays by the rocker and I take a new project a differnt ready bag for the roads. I love and have goten 8- 10 projects going at once. I am now trying to break that down to 5 at once. But then you see new yarns,, new projects and when you belong to 3 crochet groups there is always something to learn more or see another book, another yarn,, another new color another hook to try out. alot of times I will be somewhere and see something and think those colors would look good in crochet work of this and that. My husband would say how do you see that?

Yes, I can be very addicting to crochet~~~but then there is still house work to do,, etc....

I have ready bags, too! I try not to have too many at one time, but it never works out that way!!

I have ready bags too! I thought I was the only one. Most of mine are grocery bags except the few I have that I take places with me. My family has become very used to me crocheting in the car. There have been a few times my DH has tried to sneak my crochet bag into the trunk, but we don't even get out of the drive before I know it's missing! About once a year I will decide it's time to get organized and of course the first thing I organize is my yarn. What treasures I find of UFO's and WIPs....it's almost like Chirstmas! LOL and then of course I have to show everyone in the house what I found and then vow to finish it...sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, but it is always fun to find these things! So I guess I too, am addicted and loving it!

Theresa

I recently taught a group of friends how to crochet. They want to make Prayer Shawls for people in our community. Since we live in a retirement community, there's plenty of people needing one LOL. I warned them "It will take over your life". It's already happened and I'm delighted to have hooked others on my addiction. :D

I think I am . My husband said just this morning "you need to take a break from the crochet" I just looked at him and thought what am I suppose to do if I am not crocheting? What am I suppose to do with my hands and the time on my hands? I know I get frustrated but that is power of the course I am a determined person so I will keep at it until I get it right. But I told him I am currently working on the sample strips cal and another afghan I will not put as much time into it as before . "NOT" I will just crochet at work and not at home for a little while. lol But I do think its an addiction .......:2rock

Oh, she has many of her own already! :lol She picked the colors on the last one, too...she just wants to be part of the crocheting, and is too small yet to do it.

Oh didn't look at it that way. I taught our daughter when she was 4 years old and she wasn't ready yet. Before her 5th birthday she came down the hall with her hook and yarn and asked me to help her,, shes been hooked ever since. shes 21 now and still does crochet. Not all the time like I do. For her its a every now and then thing.

Archived