stitch markers I made

yarnlover66

I have seen some cute stitch markers out there and wanted to try making them. I had no clue where to even start. I went shopping this morning and got a few beads. Here is what I came up with:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/yarnlover66/Crochet%20Projects/markers2.jpg

I hope to find another bead place that might have cuter beads.

Aw...they are so cute, the pandas are my favorites, as well.

I use a wire earring that has lost her partner (that's naff, I know and I probably shouldn't admit to it in public) but it works remarkably well and doesn't fall out like I expected it to!

I think those clasps are called lobster claw clasps. I got the idea from another website where someone made theirs using the same clasps. I think they will work better than just the bent wire for me. Time will tell.

I can't wait to go looking for some cuter beads! Perhaps on line somewhere.

Teresa, I've just recently started bead crochet and I ran across this wonderful store online, they have any bead, wire, clasps, that you can imagine---and thay're really reasonably priced! The name of the store is Land of Odds based out of Nashville, TN. You can look them up at http://www.landofodds.com :)

Those are beautiful! I agree, you should market them. I have seen some of those beaded stitch markers go for as much as $15!

I am also using little plastic things from WalMArt but just may have to try my hand at those!

Lynn:hook

Hello everyone!

I got the idea to use the lobster claw from someone else's website. They used them to make their stitch markers. I can't take credit for that. When I went to Hobby Lobby to get my supplies, they had several different sizes of the lobster claw clasp. I got kind of a medium sized one. I think they had 4 sizes. Mine is probably the 3rd largest. There was one more larger.

The stitch markers I was using before finding these fun things were some that were made by BOYE that are shaped like hearts. I like them, but I was looking for something fun.

I used this website to learn how to string the beads and bend the wire. I have never done this before. I have never made jewelry before. It was simple. The most challenging thing for me was learning how far up from the beads to bend and cut the wire. I just slipped the lobster claw on before I closed the opening shut.

http://www.beadage.net/drop_earrings/drop.shtml

They are addicting to make. I think I made 10 yesterday and I also made 2 pairs of dangle earrings! LOL I think I'm hooked on this as another hobby for me!

I'm definitely going to check out those bead websites!! Thanks a bunch!

:clap:cheer:clap

I have seen some cute stitch markers out there and wanted to try making them. I had no clue where to even start. I went shopping this morning and got a few beads. Here is what I came up with:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/yarnlover66/Crochet%20Projects/markers2.jpg

I hope to find another bead place that might have cuter beads.

Very cool idea. I make jewelry so I have tons of those clasps and also beads.

OK.. here comes my dumb question of the week. How/where/why do you need a stitch marker???

Joan

I use stitch markers a lot when I'm making a project where you crochet in the round. I also use them if I'm making a rectangle piece and I need to know how many rows I've made. If I mark them after so many I don't have to count my rows over and over again. For example, I might place them every 10 rows if I have to make 35 rows or something.

Hope that helps. :)

Archived