Pink Honeycomb Purse

aglarannaelf

I made this bag as a Christmas present for my husband's cousin. I used the Honeycomb Crochet Purse pattern, and you'd THINK that since it's off of Joann.com that it would be a good pattern, right? WRONG! It is SO confusing, and the pattern omits things that should be repeated, so I had to do a lot of frogging and figuring out for myself... It turned out neat, but GEEZ... You have been forewarned if you try it! I skipped the top button/loop thing. The texture makes it really neat, tho, and it's really thick!

pinkpurse.jpg

I *loved* this pattern and tried it, but found the same problems you did. :think I eventually just gave up. If you have a corrected version, I also would love to have it.

Hey guys, the main problem I found was that they wouldn't repeat an instruction where it needed to be repeated. Like how in Row 2 they tell you when to skip a stitch, but they don't say it again in Row 6. That was the major problem with it. Hopefully that makes sense; it will make more sense once you try the pattern, lol...

You did a great job, it is lovely. I have had that on my to do list for months, and even have the handles for it. But I have heard so many negatives about the pattern. Have you complained to the source?? I wonder if enough of us do if they will print the corrections.

Anyway, love the bag, and the color is great!!!:clap

I am not usually one for bangle purses, but I like this one that you have made - it really is an attractive purse! It is too bad that the pattern is so difficult though. If it weren't for the pattern errors and the difficulty you experienced, this would be one that I would have really liked to have tried. I give you tons of credit for hanging in there to complete it -- it really turned out so beautifully in the end.

Archived