Newbie wanders in

LadyyOftheOak

Hello Everyone :) What a neat board you have here.. and here I thought crochet was pretty much a dying art ;)

A little about myself:

I'm a 30(ish as it on the downside of 30:shrug ) mother of 3 children, Megan will be 10 in February, Zachary just turned 13 and Shauna will be darn lucky to see 19 if she keeps on like she's done lately.. but I digress :blush My husband and I live in central Alabama, on 70 acres with 9 purebred Arabian horses, 3 dogs currently, a slew of cats, 2 boer goats and 1 rabbit.. sheesh.. Hobbies include reading (love Terry Pratchett and John Grisham), anything with computers and do alot of web design work as well, crocheting obviously and anything at all to do with my horses, showing, training or breeding them.

I met my husband Vince online and he is living here now and has done quite well in the backwoods of Alabama considering he's a Londoner himself. We live a pretty quiet life really :)

I've been crocheting since I was about 12. My grandmother (Nana) taught me but didn't know how to read patterns herself. Once I got someone to show me how to read patterns finally years later, the rest as they say is history :coffee I enjoy doing baby clothes (which makes my husband REAL nervous :eek ) but do afghans to sell, as well as my most recent endeavor which is doggie sweaters..

Anything else just ask :) I'm glad to have found the board.. it looks like a fun place to hang out and get to know others that share this crazy love of mine. There is nothing like taking a big ball of yarn and turning it into something beautiful :cloud9

BTW.. I've never learned to :knit LOL

Thanks! :day

I've got a few pictures of things I've done online, but so much of what I've done I've just given away with no pictures taken.. ggrr... here are a few items tho :) Right now like I said I'm working on baby clothes and as soon as I finish this little dress I'm doing I'll snap a pic of that too now that I finally have a digital camera!

With Love from Nana

It's just an index page but can look at them by clicking on the pics :) I'm going to put them together into a website sometime soon that also highlights my grandmothers poetry and writings :)

HI! We are glad you found our board. We have lots of fun here. And tell your hubby, he is not alone in complaining about money spent on craft/yarn supplies.:blah :blah :blah

Most of us here have YAS (yarn aqusition syndrome) :rotfl

If you aren't addicted yet you will be. :)

Barbara

Hi!

My dh is English too! I'm over here, though! Would love to go back to the US someday if dh got a job.

Are your Boers milkers? Can't remember breeds although at one time was really interested in keeping goats.

I recently discovered the Southern Sisters books - based in Alabama - I'd love to spend some time down there.

well, glad you found the boards. It's fun to share crochet here at Crochetville!

Hi there :)

No Boers are meat goats.. though at our house they are just glorified lawnmower and treat moochers. I keep them mainly to keep my pastures clear of brush, but do plan on breeding some and selling the occasional wether here and there :)

:welcome

I am a newbie as of today as well, but have been made to feel very welcome to the group. We can be newbies together.

Have a happy crocheting day!

kraftinkim AKA Kim

Archived