Hat-a-Week

Croshay

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: This is what I'm doing for week 13: http://patbythehook.blogdrive.com/archive/76.html

Seems like I haven't posted in forever. I think it was the 8 hats I did in one weekend for the Pine Ridge Reservation that burnt me out on hats. But it's time to get back in the saddle so I'm with you on this one Melissa. I've got the pattern printed out and some Caron SS in "Jonquil" (think daffodil yellow) to work it up in. Can't wait to see what we come up with; I *love* all Dot's hats! :)

Has anyone had any word from Croshay? I'm getting very worried about her.

I was just thinking the same thing. I wish someone knew her "in real life" so they could call and make sure everything is okay. She was really suffering with health issues, and I'm worried that she may be in the hospital. :sick

I agree with you, photojenic.

...I just shot her an e-mail. Prolly a bunch of y'all did the same. So hopefully she's checking, and if she isn't able to post, at least she knows folks are thinking about her...

I agree with you, photojenic.

...I just shot her an e-mail. Prolly a bunch of y'all did the same. So hopefully she's checking, and if she isn't able to post, at least she knows folks are thinking about her...

I sent her a PM yesterday but I haven't heard back from her.

Hey everybody! :waving Sorry if I had you worried. I've just been really busy. I started a new quarter at school last week and haven't even had time to stay on top of my homework...so I'm here for a bonus day and trying to get caught up.

We're fine-tuning the repairs and touch-ups to our house & our agent is going to hold an open house this weekend. We're hoping to generate some interest since we've already found another house we wanna buy!

My stomach eased up over Spring Break...and it's bothering me a lot again...so my "diagnosis" is that it's probably stress after all. I guess that's better than having a serious illness...but it's also very hard to deal with...cuz you can only eliminate so much stress from your life.

Well I better hit this tax book or I'll never get caught up. I'll answer your private messages later....and :ty so much for checking up on me. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Glad to see you are ok Croshay!! We were just worried a bit, but we all understand about being crazy busy! My new class just started too and it's been a bit challenging to squeeze crocheting time in! :hug

This thred was starting to get really close to the bottom, so I had to bump it! :devil I've been catching up on hats and will hopefully be all caught up in the next few days. Is it time for Week 15 yet or no?

Kim :hook

This thred was starting to get really close to the bottom, so I had to bump it! :devil I've been catching up on hats and will hopefully be all caught up in the next few days. Is it time for Week 15 yet or no?

Kim :hook

HMNN. Is this week 15? or next week? I don't remember.:eek I guess I'll have to go to a calendar and count. :think

Here is my Week 8 Hat. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do for my Week 9. I decided to not do the posted pattern, but haven't picked a replacement yet. Slowly I'm catching up.

Week8.jpg

I'm desperately trying to get caught up. I finished up week #12 (I think) hat last night. I've been Knifty Knitting most of them. I'm also in the process of knitting one on needles (why I'm doing that, don't ask. I am the world's slowest knitter). I'm saving the hats to donate next winter. Its kind of fun to open up the bin I have and look at all of them. I live in Tucson, Arizona and there are only about two days a year that you would need to wear a hat. Keep crocheting everyone! :hug

What week our we on? I only see wk 12 in the first post and know though I've done twelve I am behind? Haven't been here lately.

I don't like to save donated items til next year, it's still cold in lots of places and people are still in need so I like to continue to send as I go. The quicker their off my hook or needles the quickier their keeping someone in need warm. Though I do like to mail in groups of 2 or 3. Thats still small enough I can mail in large manilla folder so postage isn't much, but cheaper cause I send more than 1 at a time.

Once I know what week we're on, I'll know how far behind I am. :eek

Ginny - That little boy is so cute! Oh yeah, nice hat too! LOL Reminds me of a CreamCicle yummy....

Karin - I love Knifty Knitting! It goes so quick! And it's so easy! I found a website for Cihuahua loves yesterday and alot of people were Knifty Knitting sweaters for their little doggies! So cute! I am actually gonna try that cuz we have a Mini Doxie that is about the size of them little chi's.

Tina

What week our we on? I only see wk 12 in the first post and know though I've done twelve I am behind? Haven't been here lately.

Once I know what week we're on, I'll know how far behind I am. :eek

Tomorrow will begin week 16.

Today was Hat day at the elementary school to raise money for Relay for Life. The kids could wear a hat in school today if they paid $1 for the privilege. One of my dear students didn't have a hat or a $1. So in 30 minutes, I whipped out a scull cap and paid his $1. So that was my week 15! Sorry no picture.

Archived