Hat-a-Week

Croshay

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished my third hat last night! :yay I love this one, I'm going to make it again in different colors. :hook I'll post a photo of all three tonight.

Lavelle26, if I was doing a hat in size 10 and 30 thread I wouldn't be done with it until next year!! The smilies are cheering you on. :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

Thanks Karin, I am almost done...taking me about two days but that is only cause I went out last night with a friend. I should be finished with it today sometime and then I will post a pic.

And Jimmie Lu...I am NOT going to let you pass me... I won't let it happen...you have lit a fire under me now...week 22 (almost 23:eek ) here I come!!!!!

Well, I just finished hat #10. I am afraid that Jimmie Lu is going to pass me now if she hasn't already...but never fear...I have another week to get caught up...and I am sure going to try.

Anyways, here is my latest design. I am calling it Angel Rhapsody. I will be designing a dress to go with it. (too bad this isn't a dress and hat a week a long cause I would have you all beat...lol)

AngelRhapsodyBonnetresized.jpg

It actually looks much prettier on Chloe and in person. I just don't have any luck taking good photos of my work yet. I am working on that though.

hehehe...silly me :blush . I was making a seperate photo album at www.photobucket.com just for this hat-a-week cal and lo and behold, while gathering my photos of hats I have done this year, I have found my counts to be off. While I have been saying I did hat #10. It in all actuality was hat #13. So, I think I am now ahead of you Jimmie Lu. I pulled a quick one!!! Just kidding. I just lost count somewhere.

Ahh...I can breath a bit now...it will be easier to catch up now.

So, here is the link to my hat-a-week album. And if anyone knows how I can get one of those gallery things on my blog, that would be really cool.

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d51/Sonata926/Hat-a-week%20CAL/?sc=6

Cheat??? How dare you say such an awful thing!!!:eek Mwah??? I am clean as a whistle. I would never cheat. No, just a case of bad memory...to much going on in my life...which is a good thing...keeps me busy and out of trouble...although hubby might disagree and tell you that this IS trouble...crochetville and swaps and such...you know, those husbands.

hmmmm...I don't know how this would work. I must be doing something wrong. Let me see if I can add a gallery to my blog and you can see them that way. This may take me a little while.

I posted a suggestion for this weeks pattern, a hippie hat. If someone has a better idea, please PM me and I'll change it.

Lavelle, I think the problem with your photobucket is in your preferences when you first set up the account. You should be able to go in and make it to where all can see your photos, but not make any changes. I know I've seen it on my photobucket stuff.

Hope this helps

AngelRhapsodyBonnetresized.jpg

It actually looks much prettier on Chloe and in person. I just don't have any luck taking good photos of my work yet. I am working on that though.

This turned out beautifully! Way to go:clap

Cute. I like how that one turned out. Maybe I will do that one this week too. Oh there are so many hats to choose from....

Oh, and so all you know, I changed the settings in my photobuecket account so that link should work now. Thanks.

Way to go Susan!!

And cheers to all who are working on their hats.

Week 24 pattern suggestion is posted. I really wanted to post a different one, but the one I wanted is a vintage pattern, and I'm trying to find a equivalent yarn b4 I post it, so no one is frustrated.

Keep on Hookin' Gals & Guys,

Thanks Lisa. That looks like a great hat. I can't wait to try it. I may use lustersheenfor it though. I don't have any Bernat Cool Crochet. :(

Three more hats done today!!! YAY!!! I am catching up ya'll. Watch out! (so what week are we on, anyways...I keep forgetting. :blush )

Hat #1 Tepperwears Ribbed Newsboy hat using Lion Brand Jiffy yarn

2727resized.jpg

Hat #2 Addison Hat using Simply Soft Brites in blue

2728resized.jpg

Hat #3 A little Bit of Funk using Simply Soft in a pretty rose color (not that pukey orange my camera says)

2730resized.jpg

Now this last hat turned out too small. I was a bit disappointed cause I really wanted it for myself. It fits little Chloe. Oh well, more hats for her for when we get up north this winter.

So, this brings my total up to 16 hats. Yay!!! I am getting there.:clap

Uh-Oh!!! Do I hear a challenge in your voice??? You know what this means don't you???:lol Bring it on, girlfriend!!!

Way to go Anna! Your hats look great.

Thanks Karin. I appreciate all the encouragement I can get!!! :D

Archived