Hat-a-Week

Croshay

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grad school has slowed me down tremendously. As the semester approaches the end, it is slowing me down even more. Week 16 is not done. (it is started) I cannot believe I have let myself get almost to week 19 and I'm not finished with 16.

Tonight.

Tonight.

I promise.

My weekly paper is finished and I'm not doing anymore homework tonight.

The hat is calling my name.............

I finally finished week 16 a few nights ago. I don't know when I'll get a chance to work on week 17 with the semester closing soon. MAJOR project due. But I will get something done as soon as pahsee'bluh. (French pronunciation of possible.)

Okay, I have been terrible at this crochet-a-long. Utterly terrible. So terrible that I have been scared to post. :worried I think I may have three or four hats done. (forgot just how many) and I think only one of them was one from the list. But I am hoping that I can dive back in and get some hats done. I doubt I can catch up but maybe if I do two hats a week, I can get close.

Let me show you a hat I designed a few months ago for my baby girl for Easter. Does this count as one of my hats??? If so, then that puts me at four, I think. :clap

EastersSongDresspic1resized.jpg

Oh and I forgot, upon viewing my photobucket, it seems that I do indeed have two more hats so that puts me at six....:D

Here is one I designed a few weeks ago.

SweetDecadencepic3resized.jpg

And here is one I designed in Feb but I crocheted it again this week.

AngelKissesBonnetresized.jpg

So, am I close enough yet to get caught up???? Who knows. I will try much harder to do better at this crochet-a-long thing.

Okay, I have been terrible at this crochet-a-long. Utterly terrible. So terrible that I have been scared to post. :worried I think I may have three or four hats done. ..

So, am I close enough yet to get caught up???? Who knows. I will try much harder to do better at this crochet-a-long thing.

I'm not sure how many people are caught up. I know I'm behind by about 3 or 4 weeks.

All the hats you have made do indeed count. We're not legalistic about keeping to the list. The list is to support one another with patterns. I keep to the list because I want to. You can use whatever pattern you like. Don't be afraid of us. I'm the only one that bites.;)

Okay, I have been terrible at this but I hope to do better now. I don't know what kind of yarn that is for this weeks hat and I don't know where I could find it. So, I printed off a few patterns from the past weeks that I like and I will attempt to make at least two of them. I am really liking the Baby derby hat and the Curly one. (for babies...don't remember the exact name.)

I'm still trying to keep up and post the patterns in my first post.. since mine is the second one on this thread.

for week 20, there's a description of the yarn used on yarndex:

http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=927

Since the Colinette is super bulky, I would guess that LB Homespun or RedHeart Light & Lofty might work for it.

Hope this helps someone.

I just finished Week 20's hat. It worked up quick....but I think it might need more rows of sc. I used Homespun and it doesn't fit my head. I also used a N hook. It would definitely fit a child though.

Kim

Okay, thanks for the yarn info. I just happen to have some homespun so I might try week 20's hat this week. I am wanting to do one for baby Chloe too so I am thinking of backtracking and doing the baby derby one. Gotta get that kitchen cotton though.

I just finished up two hats today.

First hat I did is from the list for a few weeks ago...I think maybe week 5 or 6 or somewhere at the beginning. It was Dot's Sassy A hat. I was going to make this up for a friend but once I am done, I think I like it so much I am going to keep it. The coloring isn't very good in this pic but its nightime and my house if poorly lit.

I used Caron Simply Soft for this hat.

hatresized.jpg

The second hat I did today was the hat for this week. I used homespun and 9.00mm hook but it turned out too small for me. It will fit little Chloe though and I can't wait to try it on her in the morning. I actually have enough homespun leftover to make another hat so I may do this pattern again with a bigger hook and more sc's and baby and I will have matching hats. How sweet would that be???

pinkhatresized.jpg

So, I have 8 of 20 done...going to catch up if it kills me...:(

Thanks Penny. I think they will look better on. In fact, once Chloe gets up and eats, I will try the pink one on her and take a pic for everyone.

Will someone please give me a seriously hard kick in the pants? I am way behind here. I only have up to week 14 done. I need to get back on the hat making wagon. I promise not to go to bed tonight until one hat is made. Love the pictures that were recently posted. :)

I am sorry but I don't think I will be the one to kick you in the pants.:lol I only have 8 hats done so far.:eek And that includes the two I did last night.:blush But, I hope to do at least two maybe three a week until I get caught up again. I have a few printed off from previous weeks and I also have a few of my own that I am going to make.:hook

I am sorry but I don't think I will be the one to kick you in the pants.:lol I only have 8 hats done so far.:eek And that includes the two I did last night.:blush But, I hope to do at least two maybe three a week until I get caught up again. I have a few printed off from previous weeks and I also have a few of my own that I am going to make.:hook

We'll just kick each other in the pants... I am not sure why I ahve let this fall through the cracks.... I remember last year I donated the hats to the women's shelter and they loved them... this year they ahve added women and children ( they bought an old motel)..so the various sizes should be appreciated...

Its a deal then...please don't kick too hard though...my toush is kind of boney...:lol

I am going to work some this weekend on 19 and 20. I should get caught up at some point. I think with spring upon us, hats are not exactly on our minds. Though it wouldn't hurt me to make one for wearing in the sun. I am extremely fair skinned and live in the south near the ocean.

I did get a hat done yesterday. It was one of Dot's designs, the fast and fun hat (or maybe it is the fun and fast hat). It really worked up extremely quickly. I had a little trouble with round 6; I couldn't quite understand the crossed double crochets. But once I figured that out it worked up fast.

Archived