Hat-a-Week

Croshay

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very nifty idea. I wonder how comfortable it would be though.

I've made hats from doily patterns.. exactly how she describes.. just never bothered to starch them (here in the deep south.. anything like that draws critters).

I've made hats from doily patterns.. exactly how she describes.. just never bothered to starch them (here in the deep south.. anything like that draws critters).

What do you use instead of starch?

Nice job lavelle!!

Thanks TepperWear. :D I love you hat patterns. In fact, I have another one printed off to try. The shells one...forget what its called at the moment. You are very talented and I hope we get to meet in August. ;)

Hmmm...I may have to try this as one of my hats. Sounds very interesting and I love doilies. Might be a match made in heaven. :hook

Tepperwear, is that hat in your profile pic the shell one from your site? I have been meaning to ask you this for some time. I am talking about the one that uses two strands of yarn?

Well, add to more hats to my total which makes 18. I only have pictures of number 18 for now. Number 17 will come soon though.

This is a hat I designed to go with my Spring Blossom Sundress which is in testing right now. It is done in size 3 thread.

So, what do you think?

SpringBlossomSunhatresized.jpg

Thar's darling! My DD could have used that, she was practically bald her first 2 years. She'll be 3 in Aug. & finally has hair enough for a tiny clip!

Someone please make a suggestion for this coming weeks pattern.

I don't have time to search the web for ideas... I have to go wrestle a 90lb dog into my van so he can go to the vet for blood levels of his anti-seizure meds.

(good deeds don't go unpunished.. long story)

And then this weekend I have to make ready to go on mini-vaca with hubby. First one alone with him in about 4 years.. woohoo...

so, please help me out and find something. I'll post the first one I get in a PM.

Thanks Anna for the suggestion. Week 25's suggested pattern is now posted. Have a great week everyone!!!

I've finished no. 6, and almost finished no. 7. :yay Here's a photo of my newest one, modeled by the gracious and talented Bruno. :cheer Hope you like it.

86c6b050.jpg

I just finished a child's helmet (You know, a hat that ties under the chin). I really like it because it will stay on a child but then I got to thinking (:eek , I know, always a dangerous thing for me to do!) Remember years ago they stopped making drawstrings around the hoods of jackets because children would get them caught on things and accidentally choke, etc. Is there the same concern with hats tied under the chin?? I know that might sound like I'm being silly. But I don't want to donate hats to some charity only for them not to be able to use them. Thanks for your input on this.

I just joined this site. Is it to late to join the hat CAL? I'm moving and have found out just how much yarn I have. (Boy was my husband suprised!). This would be a great way for me to get rid of some of it. If it's not to late, what pattern is being worked on now? Thanks!!

I tried to make a scallop edged hat last night. It was way to small for my big head :P so I turned it into a drawstring purse. Worked out well as my cousin stopped by after I was done and her b-day was this past week. She loved the purse and wanted it so viola!! Happy bday to her. I'm gonna try to remake it with a bigger hook, either that or look for a head shrinking pattern :lol

Hi Chichiwawa, I just made that hat today too and it did turn out a bit small. It still fits me though but next time I will be using a bigger hook too. I find this happens with a lot of hat patterns out there. Some of my hats have turned out to fit my 15 month old daughter.:lol

Everyone, I just finished hat number 18 (I think....) and am almost done with 19. Will post pics tomorrow as I am hoping to do #20 tonight as well. (today is hat day...can you tell?)

Archived