Hat-a-Week

Croshay

What week are we on??? I don't think any of us know. Let me grab my calendar and see if I can figure it out. Okay, I think that week 22 started today. Correct me if I'm wrong ladies (and any gentlemen). I finished another hat this morning (:cheer ). Its called the Addison Hat. It can be found here

www.jpfun.com/patterns/14misc/addisonhat.shtml

I would recommend this pattern. Its fairly quick to finish. Once you get to round 5, its just a repeat of two different rows. So, its one of those easy patterns you can do while watching a movie, etc. without having to constantly look at the directions.

I also started another hat today. Its one of Dot's and can be found here

http://bythehook.blogdrive.com/archive/59.html

I'm on round 9 and it seems to be working out well.

I don't know how long I can keep my hat momentum up but I hope to catch up to week 22 before I run out of steam.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What week are we on??? I don't think any of us know. Let me grab my calendar and see if I can figure it out. Okay, I think that week 22 started today. Correct me if I'm wrong ladies (and any gentlemen).
I do believe it is week 22. I'm still on week......19. NOt getting anywhere, I'm afraid.

Duhhh!! I forgot to mention I got week 5 done so that is 6 weeks of hats under my belt.

Now you ladies here who have been here since Jan arent gonna let a newbie pass you by are you?

Hummm I hope not!!!

A question?

What are you ladies all doing with these hats?

I am donating mine to the Native Am. children in South Dakota for Christmas and some I am taking to Mexico for the children there.

I am just wondering

I would like to join.....is it too late? I am finally moved, graduated from college, starting an "adult life" and can put more time into my passion, crafting:cheer

I am going to start in week 22, so here we go!!!!!

I would like to join.....is it too late? I am finally moved, graduated from college, starting an "adult life" and can put more time into my passion, crafting:cheer

I am going to start in week 22, so here we go!!!!!

Love to have ya!!

Duhhh!! I forgot to mention I got week 5 done so that is 6 weeks of hats under my belt.

Now you ladies here who have been here since Jan arent gonna let a newbie pass you by are you?

Hummm I hope not!!!

A question?

What are you ladies all doing with these hats?

I am donating mine to the Native Am. children in South Dakota for Christmas and some I am taking to Mexico for the children there.

I am just wondering

I donate mine to Pine Ridge. I will also make some for Operation Christmas Child (Thanks to a previous post giving me the idea.) I also give them to children at school where I work. I rarely keep them.

Hi Guys & Gals,

I just added the links to the second post for weeks 21 & 22.

It sure would be helpful if someone would PM me with whatever has been decided for that week, instead of me digging through the posts. I *still* have dial-up at home, so going through posts can be wearying.

One of these days I'm gonna catchup again. Hard to believe we're almost at the halfway point huh?

Hi Guys & Gals,

I just added the links to the second post for weeks 21 & 22.

It sure would be helpful if someone would PM me with whatever has been decided for that week, instead of me digging through the posts. I *still* have dial-up at home, so going through posts can be wearying.

One of these days I'm gonna catchup again. Hard to believe we're almost at the halfway point huh?

Halfway????? :eek That is scary...which would mean that I am only to the quarter mark!!! I only got one hat done this week so far, but I plan on making at least 2-3 more so I can work on getting caught up.

Halfway????? :eek That is scary...which would mean that I am only to the quarter mark!!! I only got one hat done this week so far, but I plan on making at least 2-3 more so I can work on getting caught up.

I think I'm gonna start making children's hats for OCC. They're faster and I won't get so overwhelmed.

smallcombo.jpg

I am going hat crazy now. I just found this CAL yesterday and have made two hats! I used the pattern from I believe week 20 (a warm fuzzy). I did not use the yarn it called for, I used an acrylic/wool blend from Wool-Ease's Chunky line. I used an N hook and for the side I added 4 extra rounds (so I went to rnd 19). I also did a round of sl st for the last round to finish it off more. As you can see, I did one plain and one with a white-stripe. One 5 oz. skein of this yarn made both hats!

Hi Jennifer, your hats look beautiful. You have done a great job. I love the purple ones...(well, I am biased since that is my favorite color and all) You will catch us in no time at all.

Love your hats Jennifer! :clap I made a hat yesterday out of Homespun yarn. I had never used it before but I found three partial skeins at our thrift store and got them. I love how soft and squishy the hat turned. It should really keep someone warm in the winter. But my goodness how can you find your stitches with Homespun? :eek Thank goodness the pattern I used was an easy one.

I am finished last weeks hat and this weeks

so the rest of the week I will be catching up

I have pictures on the digital of what I have thus far I need to load them maybe tonight and post them

I finished hat #20 this morning. I think I'm going to start dreaming about crocheting hats. This hat was Jimmie Lu's pattern. Thank you very much for posting this pattern for us Jimmie Lu. I used a leftover skein of yarn that felt like RedHeart SuperSaver. I want to try this pattern again using Caron Simply Soft.

Well, I am almost done with # 10 (has Jimmie Lu passed me yet?) This one is taking a bit longer cause I am designing it and it is a baby bonnet done in size 10 and 30 thread. I hope to have it finished tonight.

Archived