Sampler Stripes Crochetalong

JulieKay

It's so very quiet in here! I know, most of us are probably busy with the Crochet Olympics but that doesn't mean we can't still post and talk about our progress!

Julie, I know what you mean about those bead things. I really didn't like them at all! When I did the 2nd panel of my ghan I omitted those.

I've got to try and make myself just finish this doggone thing! I am so close to the finish line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not crocheting at anything at the moment, just focusing on the knitting olympics.

I've gotten to row 60something on the stripes though, and will take that up when I finish the lace shawl I'm making (flower basket shawl)

tekopp - I know what you mean! You're under a time constraint with the olympics!

Well I finished my Stripes last night!!!! I was seriously contemplating (I know, I know) on buying a couple more skeins but decided first to lay it on my king sized bed and see how large it was. Well, it ended up being bigger than a King Sized comforter you buy in the store! It's HUGE!!! Last night it was chilly and my DH said "You're going to be sweating with that blanket, it's too warm!" Well, I was actually just right last night and it was so soft and comfy. The only complaint I had was that my little Tweety (who sleeps right next to me) kept getting stuck in the "holes". :devil

I took a pic and then the batteries in my digital camera went out before I could upload them so hopefully tomorrow I will have lovely pics to show!

I know I must be insane, but I'm seriously considering making another one as I had intended this one to go on the guest bed but now that it's large enough for my king sized bed I don't want to give it up!!!!

well with all the pressing projects out of the way I will pick up where I left off on my sampler. But I must confess I have started the aran tote from celest . I really want to make it for myself. But I will get to work on the sampler and try to get one panel done anyway .:hook

Hey,

I followed donnalynn's advice and changed color for the popcorns, and they turned out very cool indeed ^^ I shall post pictures later when I'm at home. Thanks, donnalynn!

I've never had the patience to count the stitches before, but now I counted the popcorns (you were supposed to have 65 of them) and I got over 130 :D If you guys are worrying about your afghans being huge and they're turning out according to the instructions, then I'm in deep trouble :D I'm actually thinking that this will be of a right size when we'll move together with my fiance and have a double bed, so yeah. Or maybe it will be of a right size for some giant couple. Dunno yet because I haven't had the time to spread it on the floor.

I'm making the beads at the moment and it's so slow. And I thought the popcorns were slow to complete..

Aanyway, good luck with the Olympics, everyone!

iida - that's wonderful progress! i wouldn't stress too much about the stitch count, just do a few decreases evenly over the next few rows and you'll be in good shape. I had to do that several times!

Ok, as promised here are my completed pics!!!! Have I mentioned that I LOVE this afghan???

Pic #1

Pic #2

Good morning stripers! How's everyone coming on this?

Guess what? I found over a skein of Bernat Soft Boucle hiding in the closet so I'm forced to add a couple more rows to this thing. I can't help it, it's an obsession!

Hang in there!!!

mine is still very much on hold, (the olympicn you know) so I'm trying to just finish the lace knitting project so that I can do other things again

(a bit off topic, but: I'm going to go mad from boredom before this lace knitting is finished. I can't wait to I bind this off!)

donnalynn: you put me in awe with your afghan, and now you keep on adding... are you possessed by something :devil

I'm Back!!! and Ready to start again:cheer:cheer

I am so glad the Olympics are over!!! OMG I did a sweater and that was the first time I ever did a wearable and it will be the LAST!!! I did finnish it but it was way to long and I have no Idea how that happened:think

anyway I am back and ready to start on this again!! I have 17 rows done. how about everyone else? is anyone else still here??

donna your blanket turned out great!!!:clap:clap I hope mind will be half as pretty as yours :blush

I got three more rows done today:clap so now I am up to row 20. I will take a pic in the morning so all can see what it is looking like so far.

Is there anyone else still working on this or am I the last one here? :(

I did 2.7 more rows on mine yesterday.

then I started wondering if was big enough to use as a blanket for taking a nap underneath... so I did :) it's not finished at all, and it's really big enough, and warm enough.

in other words, I'm not finished with it and I've allready started using it! :D

I did 2.7 more rows on mine yesterday.

then I started wondering if was big enough to use as a blanket for taking a nap underneath... so I did :) it's not finished at all, and it's really big enough, and warm enough.

in other words, I'm not finished with it and I've allready started using it! :D

This is definately a large ghan! Even though mine fits my king sized bed nicely I'm still going to add a bit more as I found a little bit more of the yarn I used in my stash.

Would love to see a pic of yours! (What kind of yarn did you use?)

• 3 weeks later...

Donna, I'm here! I'm here!

I got my yarn yesterday and I'm ready to roll by this weekend. I have to say that I burned out on the L&B, so it will be nice to work on this and then switch between the 2 of them. Gives me more variety as the rounds on the L&B are starting to take FOREVER! hahaha

Hugs and I'll post when I've started it! Oh, and I'll also take a pic of the yarns I'm using as well.

Is anyone still crocheting on this one???:hook

Hi Nancy! Glad to see you've got your yarn and are ready to go!

Even though I 'technically' finished this one, I found a bit more yarn and as soon as I frog the items made with this yarn that I decided not to finish, I'll add it on...

Can't wait to see the colors you are using!

wow I was begining to think no one was here any more but me:( so I quit posting!!

Nancy it is great to have you here!! I am only on row 21 so you have time to catch me:hook

I have my hands into to many thing right now but I am working them down little by little!!

Okay, I started this last night, and when it got to the 2nd row (after the dc row), is it missing something? I mean, if you put basicly 2 dc in each dc below it and then a sc between, mine starts to get circular. Should it be the 2dc dec, sc, sk next st then repeat? I want to work on this tonight, but this one has me stumped and I feel like an idiot. It says NEXT st, not sk one...but there are too many stitches in it. OR, is it supposed to be a mini bobble???:think

sissie - glad to know you're still working on yours!

nancy - ok, it's kind of a bobbly kind of stitch. you're actually working into the stitch twice. if I'm not mistaken you'll have 264 stitches at the end of the row... It's almost like doing a "2DCTOG" stitch but in the same space. Make sense?

Thanks Donna! I was doing (the 2dctog) and then you sc then do it again in the next stitch. It just seemed to be like if you were doing a circular something it was like adding on stitches. That's when I figured it was kind of like a mini bobble.

I'll work on it more tonight! :cheer

Archived