Sampler Stripes Crochetalong

JulieKay

I did the line with popcorns this morning, and have done a few rows afterwards.

Only problem is that it isn't looking as nice as I want it to, but then, I would beat myself up about it if it was knitting, but I haven't done a 1/1000 much crochet as knitting.

(excuses all the way, ok ;) )

A question: Am I just blind, or is there no picture of this afghan in the booklet?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did the line with popcorns this morning, and have done a few rows afterwards.

Only problem is that it isn't looking as nice as I want it to, but then, I would beat myself up about it if it was knitting, but I haven't done a 1/1000 much crochet as knitting.

(excuses all the way, ok ;) )

A question: Am I just blind, or is there no picture of this afghan in the booklet?

It's #4 in the pics...

Hang in there! I'm sure yours looks great! (I wasn't too happy with the popcorns at first but now that I've done several rows past that it looks great!)

Hello,

I'm planning on doing this afghan as well, now that I finished a birthday present for my father. :) I'm thinking of using calm colors, though I haven't found all the yarn I'm going to use but yeah. I'm gonna improvise :D And yeah, I'm going to be really slow at this, since I have literally no free time for next 6 months. (Have to keep crocheting tho, otherwise I'll go nuts ;) )

Here colors I'm bound to use, the left one is actually black:

lankoja002.jpg

iida - those colors look great! i really think you can't go wrong with whatever you choose for this ghan.

i hope everyone is doing well. i finally finished my sunburst poncho last night! YEAH ME! I am wearing it right now! It's so cold today and this is perfect! So tonite I will get started again on the stripes. I actually snapped my plastic J hook (my fave) in half showing my DH just how sturdy it was! UGH! So I'm stopping by Jo-Ann's tonite and getting another one... My goal is to get this thing finished by the end of Spring.

Would love to hear how all the progress is coming! Keep them hooks hooking gals!!! :hook

How's everyone doing? I managed to work up another 6 rows tonite and I am just loving the way this is turning out. I am getting much closer to the end of Panel #1 and I am really hoping it'll turn out to just keep going instead of fastening off, starting over and then attaching the 2 panels together.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Can't wait to see everyone's progress!

After a vert trying day againtoday I started the strip a long sample Ghan.

I have 3 1/4 rows done.;)

I am off to bed for the night.:night

This project will go to the hospital Monday whily my husband is in surgery to work on. Easy to carry and easy to do.

Mary Ann

I was just wondering. I'm now working on row 3 and it seems that the afghan is getting wider and wider. Am I doing something wrong? :|

mryam4: I hope your husband's surgery will go fine.

Hmmm, make sure you keep the same tension throughout. Are you using a yarn that's hard to see the stitches? I'm using boucle and it's very difficult to see the stitches so every few rows I have to stop and count. I do know that some rows "appear" wider than others because of the variety of stitches. I would say count and see if that's the problem...

After a vert trying day againtoday I started the strip a long sample Ghan.

I have 3 1/4 rows done.;)

I am off to bed for the night.:night

This project will go to the hospital Monday whily my husband is in surgery to work on. Easy to carry and easy to do.

Mary Ann

Hope his surgery goes well. This should help keep you calm during it.

Let us know how he's doing!

Hope everyone is doing well. I got about another 20 rows done on this yesterday. I just couldn't put it down! Let me warn you that rows 65-67 are extremely confusing! These rows had me in a tizzy! It was really tricky where I had to literally follow along with the pattern all the way across. It wasn't easily remembered. I actually had to frog row 67 several times before I got it right. Even though I love the way this looks made out of boucle, it's not very forgiving. It's so difficult to see the stitches that I'm having to stop and count more than if I would have used WW. I did stretch it out and it looks gorgeous on the bed so I am very happy about that! Hope to hear how your progress is going!

but donnalynn, could you post a pic of your work as well, I'm curious about others work.

well, actually, that's a callout for everybody to post pics :D

I meant to take a pic last night but forgot. I'll try to remember tonite!

For everyones info: I finished the first "panel" last night and I think the reason that the pattern is written in 2 panels that are sewn together is that this is a very large afghan and the bigger it gets the more awkward it is working with it. After the last row of panel 1, I simply did 264 DC's evenly on the next row and started panel 2. I am NOT going to sew two panels together to make a blanket! I see NO reason this won't work as I did another 3 rows of panel 2 and it looks great! Again, it is rather bulky to turn at the end of each row but I'd much rather deal with that then sewing this together.

I spread this out on my bed last night (I'm going to have my finished afghan going top to bottom so I may add more rows) and it's longer than my queen sized bed! It's looking so nice! I really love this afghan!!!!

How's everyone else coming? If you have any problems, please let me know!

Well now that I know what a CAL is ..:hook

How do I get the pattern being used?? I noted this one is a leaflet.. Do I gather these are the leaflets that ones finds in the craft stores with the yarn??

Will have to check it out to see what it looks like before I join in on the project.

Wow love this Crochetville...:manyheart .. only problem is I am still new so it is very addicting right now getting to know the site. Do you all also have a chat room where you chat like AOL has??

:yay

Darlene

Where are all my CAL pals? It's been awfully quiet in here!!! Let's hear how you've been doing and what kind of progress you have (or haven't :devil) made!!!

I am loving this ghan! I only have about another 20 rows and I'm done. I laid it out on my bed again last night to look at the progress and I'm blown away at just how pretty it is. Can't wait til it's finished!

If you're having problems with stitches or whatever, don't hesitate to ask.

Oh and don't worry about some rows being longer or shorter. Even if you're a few stitches off, in the grand scheme of things you really can't tell because this is such a big afghan! One row I was short over 20 stitches! I just did a few increases over the next few rows to get back to the magic 264 number and it looks fine!

Let me know how you're doing!!!

I have to abandon this CAL. I just can't get into it.

I am working on a scrap patch work strip panel afghan I like much butter.

I am sorry. :(

Mary Ann

Sorry to lose you... Good luck on your new project! :)

Donnalynn! Your ghan looks beautiful! :cheerGreat work!

I'm making some progress, very slow though, since I'm having an exam week at the moment, so unfortunately I don't have that much time to crochet. But I quit work, so probably there'll be more time in the near future.

I really like to work on it, but not being able to have it along in my purse makes it not a very fast going project :blink

I even started another WIP to take with me on the train...

but now I have a few days for staying home, and making stuff with yarn :)

(alas, the stripes, it's huge you know...)

Morning Donna,

I am still here:hug, have only gotten two more rows done on mine thanks to the hubby wanting to lay around the house this weekend:angry!!! as soon as I get this comforghan finnished (hopefully today!) I will be back on this!! althought we do have the olympic challenge coming up and as of yet I still have not picked my project out:think:think OH WHAT SHALL I DO??:think:think

Archived