Sampler Stripes Crochetalong

JulieKay

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Sissie

To PM someone, just click on their name , and there will be a list of things under their name come up. Clcik on Send Private Message, then you can send ( it's just like an email ) ,fill in the blanks, press Send -- and Wa-La !

all done !

I hope everyone is doing well today! I am loving this pattern and it's working up so nicely. It's a great project for in front of the T.V..... I have attached a pic of my progress so far.

sstripes.jpg

WOW Donna that is looking great!

I found the pic and I really do like this one!! still have not found the pattern yet:(, Shaylen (my sis) is looking though her books for me to see if maybe she has it for me to use. she has tons!! of crochet books!!

How is everyone else doing on yours?

hugs,

sissie

Sissie, I PMed you on where to find the pattern...

Shelain - Thanks so much! It is so soft! I really can't wait to finish this one and snuggle up with it!

The only problem with using Boucle is that sometimes it's hard to see the stitches clearly. The row I'm on now I'm really having to count as the stitches are darn near impossible to see on this row...

If you want to post a pic and don't have anywhere to do it, please e-mail me your pics with your C'Ville user name and I'll post it for you!

My e-mail is: donnalynn237 @ aol.com

(Just take out the spaces)

Donna, this 'ghan does seem to take quite a bit of yarn. I was figuring out how much to order with another color combination and it looks like it comes out to about 15 5oz skeins. I may have to wait a bit before ordering this yarn! I'll have to be diligent with the Michael's coupons. :)

I was thinking (scary, huh?) that since this is all stripes I don't think color lot is too important as the same colored stripes don't end up right next to each other. You may be able to get away with buying one skein a week with the Michaels coupons and it not being a big deal!

I have My pattern now!! Now I am off to the store in the morning to get my yarn!!

Do you think this would look good in a varagated yarn? I am wanting this for my HD and saw this rustic looking (red, greens, and brown) yarn. But not sure if it will be ok or if I should go with the single colors! I have never been able to make up my mind on anything!! LOL

Sissie-Varigated would be neat! When you go yarn shopping, put all the colors next to each other and that should help you determine which ones to pick! What a neat idea!

Tekopp-I hate moving... I hope you didn't pack your crochet essentials in a place where you can't find them!

Fireandice-What colors did you pick? I can't wait to see how everyone does this differently...

Unless you want a hassle, can I recommend you NOT do this in boucle like me? It'll be so nice when finished but it's so hard getting the right stitches every row when you can't see the stitches very well at all. I think if I do another one of these I'll use Simply Soft! :)

Sissie-Varigated would be neat! When you go yarn shopping, put all the colors next to each other and that should help you determine which ones to pick! What a neat idea!

Tekopp-I hate moving... I hope you didn't pack your crochet essentials in a place where you can't find them!

Fireandice-What colors did you pick? I can't wait to see how everyone does this differently...

Unless you want a hassle, can I recommend you NOT do this in boucle like me? It'll be so nice when finished but it's so hard getting the right stitches every row when you can't see the stitches very well at all. I think if I do another one of these I'll use Simply Soft! :)

Donna...

I think I already said I was gonna use RAINBOW colors....but if not, here is what I will be using....

ps: we will be moving sometime between FEB. and MARCH.....

( buying our own house ) finally....YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYY :cheer

hugs

Tina

Tina-Sorry, I'm a little scatterbrained lately! I remember now!!!

Congrats on getting a new home! How exciting!!! We are hoping to buy our first home later this year after my DH graduates from college. What a cool thing! I'll bet it's going to feel so good to be in a home that's all yours!!!

as an experienced mover, I put all the yarn and needles and sewing stuff in two bright blue plastic chests, while everything else went into the brown boxes ;)

That's a great idea! I'll have to remember that! We are hoping to move probably late this year and I think I would go crazy if I couldn't crochet for a few days!

Good Monday morning everyone! Have we all rested over the weekend and ready to tackle more of the Sampler Stripes? I'm loving mine so far! I think I've got like 30 rows done so far. I work on mine while watching TV at night and then fold it up and set it on top of my WIP bag during the day. Well I've noticed when I come home, my hubby has been wrapping it around his legs and feet! I told him no touching til it's finished! He said "But I was cold and it's so soft and warm!" I told him I didn't want smelly feet smell while working on it!

Can't wait to see the progress everyone is making! I am going to go to Wal-Mart tonite and see what kinds of boucle they have. The last time I checked I didn't see any, but we'll keep our fingers crossed!

Good afternoon everyone,

Ok I have my yarn RH camouflage & RH Aran Fleck. These are the two colors I will be using! i will only be able to work on this when Hubby is not home :) this is for him and i do not want him to see it till it is done! Hopefully by his birthday:)

as soon as I get a few rows on it I will show you what it is looking like.

Sissie - Those colors sound great! Can't wait to see a pic of them together!

Whenever I want to make something for my DH, I just tell him it's for a friend (of course I had to do his Dolphins pillow in private or else he'd know for sure I was kidding!)

Once you get going on this it's really hard to stop, so you shouldn't have any problems getting it done for his birthday!

well I am going to try I have been reading the directions of the pattern and I am not completely sure. but I am going go do it up in greens I have several skeins in my stash of greens . I have a big 1 lb of a dark green and some regular size skeins also . wish me luck . I am going to give it a stab. I have been doing my Granny flower garden and I am finishing up on it.

well I am going to try I have been reading the directions of the pattern and I am not completely sure. but I am going go do it up in greens I have several skeins in my stash of greens . I have a big 1 lb of a dark green and some regular size skeins also . wish me luck . I am going to give it a stab. I have been doing my Granny flower garden and I am finishing up on it.

sounds good....good luck :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

hugs

Tina

The colors sound great! I haven't been changing colors when it tells me to all the time. Since I'm using more colors than is listed I'm following the pattern pretty much but I change colors when I want to... I think doing one in shades of one color would be neat!

morning everyone,

Got my Hubby out the door this morning and am now ready to start counting the chains LOL!! wonder if I should maybe clean this dirty house first before I sit down?!! NAN It is raining somewhere and everyone knows you can't clean house when it is raining!! LOL once I get a couple of row on I will do a pic for you. has anyone else taken any pic's yet?

have a great crocheting day!!

Archived