Sampler Stripes Crochetalong

JulieKay

Hello Ladies –

Your leader for this group is DonnaLynn . She is a super nice person and dedicated to her groups. She will be here to answer your questions ,so if you have anything you need help with , just drop a note on the boards and she will respond to you . I will also be here as a member and to lend her a hand if she needs it .

If anyone is having trouble locating the pattern, drop a note in here and let her know .

(Leisure Arts Leaflet 2159 Scrap Yarn Afghans 2 )

Drop in and tell us about yourself and what colors you are choosing , and welcome to the group!

:manyheart

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to JulieKay for handing the reigns over to me on this one! I have been a part of several CAL's and am anxious to be a part of this one.

I am usually on or lurking around the boards almost every day all day and am only a PM or e-mail away... If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction!

I have got several skeins of Boucle yarn (mostly Bernat but some other brands) all in different colors so this will be perfect to use on this afghan! I may even make 2 of these (we'll see how quickly this thing works up first!)

I would love to hear what kinds of yarns and colors you plan to use and please be sure to post pictures of your work! I am going to work on getting a gallery set up for this CAL so that all the pics will be in one place...

If anyone out there is Button enabled and would like to do so, I would love for you to make a button for this CAL. I have yet to figure out how to make one myself.

Thanks again and I hope you all have fun being a part of this CAL!!!!

Hi Donna! Thanks for taking over this CAL, I'm sure it will be fun! I plan on joining this one soon but have just started the granny's flower garden and want to ge some progress done on that one first. I look forward to making this 'ghan and will be checking in now and then to see what colors everyone is using. :)

Hi Donna -

Well, I picked my colors . They will be Coffee, Cornmeal and Dusty Teal . Sounds almost like a Happy Meal, doesn't it ?

They sound kind of pukey, but actually look pretty together .

I will try hard to keep up in here the best I can. I am going to try to devote a little time to each one every day !

Hi Donna -

Well, I picked my colors . They will be Coffee, Cornmeal and Dusty Teal . Sounds almost like a Happy Meal, doesn't it ?

They sound kind of pukey, but actually look pretty together .

I will try hard to keep up in here the best I can. I am going to try to devote a little time to each one every day !

Actually, it sounds great! I was thinking it sounds like a big chocolate bar! Girl, you're about as bad as me with CAL's. Just can't say no! LOL I just love them all and want to do all of them... I sooooo want to start this one tonite but I have a few last min things to finish up for In-Laws Christmas tomorrow... Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!

Those colors sound pretty, Julie! I haven't thought about what colors I want to use yet. I think I'd like to make this 'ghan for my brother so I probably should ask him what he would prefer. I have a few ideas though. :D

Thanks, Julie, for the vote of confidence! Picking colors is always the hard part for me! Now if I can just get my brother on the phone!! He's busy dating a new girlfriend! :lol The power may go out over here before I get the chance anyway. It's windy and stormy and raining! The lights keep flickering and the wind blows through the attic and causes the attic door to bang which makes the dog growl. It's all VERY creepy!! :eek

One inspiration on color is chocolate brown, khaki and burgundy. Not an original color combination but one of my favorites that a guy would enjoy!

Hope everyone is having a drier, dryer?, day! Don't know what will happen with the Rose Parade!

Sue -

Those colors sound nice for your brother. What is his favorite color, do you know ? A lot of men never talk about things like that .

When I ask my husband, he always says .... CLEAR .....

Needless to say, he's a little bit of a smart mouth, but little does HE know, I'm a lot BIGGER smart mouth ! :D

LOL! :lol What a wiseguy! Gee, I don't know what my brother's favorite color is. :think I do know that he's super creative, a semi-retired hippy and giant model rocket freak. I don't think I'd be way off the mark if I went with black, orange and red! However, that would be a little too out there for me! I'll probably stick with the brown, khaki and burgundy depending on the number of colors suggested for this 'ghan. :)

Hello all... I am so happy the holidays are officially over!!! UGH!

I started on this project today (while everyone was watching football) and (was it just me?) I was shocked at the starting number of chains! GULP! 266 is a lot! I did, however, go with a K hook instead of I because I'm doing all this in boucle and it's hard to see the stitches with a smaller hook. I did get the starting Chain and the first row finished. Because of the larger hook, mine will probably be about 6 1/2- 7 feet long! WOWOWOWOW!!!

Sue, the burgundy sounds great! What kind of yarn are you using? I think I missed that...

Has anyone started yet or am I the first???

Thats nice for you to say....lol...Our holiday season is not over yet,Here in Puerto Rico we celebrate 3 kings day which is January 6th..so...as you can see we crazy party happy puertoricans go out with a bang and start the year with some more...and ...then they have 8 more days after that(silly) which they call "octavitas" which then FINALLY FINALIZES the holidays....:hook

Hello all... I am so happy the holidays are officially over!!! UGH!

Wow, Olga! I need to be in Puerto Rico!! :yay

Donna - I guess this is one of those 'long-ways' blankets where you go up and down and not across. I'll need absolute silence and a paper and pencil when I start. There's nothing more annoying than losing count around 184! :(

I just got my pattern today and see that it calls for 5 colors which is fantastic because I've had in mind to use the Crochet Dudes 5 colors from his flying afghan. I plan on making that one day but for now the color choices are beautiful and masculine at the same time. His 'ghan is made in LB Wool Ease Chunky so if I want those exact colors, I'll need to use that yarn. I think I'll make a terrific blanket.:) The colors are listed in the sidebar of his blog.

I did get my brother on the phone today but didn't get a chance to ask him about colors. All we talked about was his new girlfriend!! Oh well, I'm glad he's happy...he'll just have to be surprised about the blanket!

I'm going to check out Michael's tomorrow and see what they have and then order from LB whatever I can't get. Maybe I'll even try and be frugal and buy a skein a week using a coupon!;)

Puerto Rico is beautiful! Everyone should go! I have only spent some time at the airport between flights but remember thinking how tropical and lovely everything was!

Have a wonderful time at all your many parties! :party Just don't end up like this! :morcoffee

Doggone, you guys -

I swear I posted in here already this morning, so if this shows up twice, i'll come in and delete one .

Donna- I for one am also GLAD the holidays are over !!! I LIKE BORING DAYS .

Sue- those colors sound very pretty. I have confidence in you that you'll pick some great ones- you always do !

and yes, the afghan does turn out BIG and thick and warm . I think you'll all like it . I have one row done so far. I'll be at the back of the class on this one for awhile !

and Olga- something tells me if YOU'RE in the room ,there's always a party going on !

:lol

Sue: Yes, you'll really need to count on the CH and foundation row but after that it doesn't appear to be important.

Julie: I think I'm on row #4 right now. I have a feeling this is going to take more yarn than I have in my stash (since I'm doing it all in boucle) but that's ok. I'll just have to buy more! :devil

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Julie, does it seem like a few posts are missing? I coulda sworn I had another post in here! :think I wonder wha' happen??

Anyway, I may change my mind on color, the Crochet Dude has a beautiful but masculine 5 color combination that I've been eyeing for awhile. It's for his flying afghan which I do want to make someday but I also think the colors will work nicely with this 'ghan too. The yarn I will probably use is LB wool ease chunky.

Donna, this 'ghan does seem to take quite a bit of yarn. I was figuring out how much to order with another color combination and it looks like it comes out to about 15 5oz skeins. I may have to wait a bit before ordering this yarn! I'll have to be diligent with the Michael's coupons. :)

I do look forward to starting this 'ghan; I've never made a striped one like this that goes up and down and not side to side. :)

Archived