Sampler Stripes Crochetalong

JulieKay

You guys are not seeing things. I posted earlier today and it's not here now... Weird!

I just went to Jo-Anns and got 2 more skeins of my Bernat Boucle... I'm wondering if I could mix this with the Jo-Anns Rainbow boucle. I think the Bernat and Jo-Anns aren't the same thickness, plus the Jo-Anns obviously stripes by itself. Hmmmm...

I am going to love this though. I've been needing to make an afghan to use on the guest bed which is queen size. I'm certain this will be large enough...

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know whats going on with the posts...no one's heard from an administrator, have they? However, I seriously doubt we'd have anything to say that would need deleting. :think Perhaps it's a system thing.

I don't know my boucle's well enough to know about the weights. I've only worked with boucle once for a shawl and found it to be quite cozy. I'm sure you're blanket will look nice. :)

I may want to downsize this blanket a bit but I'm not sure I'd be able to figure out all the pattern repeats to make it come out right. I really prefer to make it couch blanket size. Hmmm...I'll have to warm up my math brain. ;)

Sue, yes this is definately a larger Ghan... Maybe cutting it in half would be a good size???

I am up to row #9 and things are going along. I'm not following the color change in the pattern though. I'm changing when I want to and will probably use more colors than is required. The thing that has me is that looking ahead in the pattern it calls for beads! Did I miss something? I don't remember seeing beads in the picture! Heck, even in the materials list I didn't see beads. Lord knows I wouldn't be able to string beads on boucle, it's way too thick. I guess we'll have to see when we get there. Since we are all heading into unchartered territory I guess we'll figure it out together!

Hi Donna

As I recall, you don't need beads for the pattern. I think one of the stitches you do are called beads because they turn out to be little knobby things . I made this about 3 years ago, so my memory isnt real good on it, but I know there were no beads required for the pattern !

If you all want to make it smaller, you can try, but it'd be hard to get the right number of stitches to come out evenly on each row, since you change patterns so often . You may have trouble down the road, ending up with too many or not enough stitches for that pattern row .

But, if you're good at designing patterns and figuring them out , good luck ! I know I couldnt do it ! :lol

Hi Donna

As I recall, you don't need beads for the pattern. I think one of the stitches you do are called beads because they turn out to be little knobby things . I made this about 3 years ago, so my memory isnt real good on it, but I know there were no beads required for the pattern !

If you all want to make it smaller, you can try, but it'd be hard to get the right number of stitches to come out evenly on each row, since you change patterns so often . You may have trouble down the road, ending up with too many or not enough stitches for that pattern row .

But, if you're good at designing patterns and figuring them out , good luck ! I know I couldnt do it ! :lol

That is true, I hadn't thought about how much this pattern changes from row to row... Hmmm, maybe use a really small hook? LOL

Again, I'm using a J (not K as I previously thought) hook and all Boucle yarn so mine is well over 6 feet long... Now, according to the instructions, this is worked from side to side... That's weird because in the picture it's worked from top to bottom... Anyone else catch that?

Well, Donna

I'm not sure what direction you'd call it. If you've ever done a navajo afghan, it's done kinda like that , so I guess you could call it the width across, is what you're working on, but they have it in the photo so that the stripes go lengthwise .

It turns out wider lengthwise than side -ways, if that makes any sense !

Well, Donna

I'm not sure what direction you'd call it. If you've ever done a navajo afghan, it's done kinda like that , so I guess you could call it the width across, is what you're working on, but they have it in the photo so that the stripes go lengthwise .

It turns out wider lengthwise than side -ways, if that makes any sense !

Ahhh... I actually like this one up and down so I may have to keep going so that it's big enough... I definately want it to lay up and down and not sideways on my bed... I guess we'll see when I get near the end (which won't be for awhile! LOL)

I really do like the way the pattern changes so frequently! You don't get bored with this as you might other patterns!

How's everyone coming with this one???

I double checked and nope, you don't need beads for this, one of the stitches is called a "Bead" stitch but you don't need beads to do it.

I'm enjoying this pattern very much! It's a great one to do while watching TV at night! It pretty much changes every row, but each row has 264 stitches on it so you get to change but you do the stitches long enough to not have to check the pattern as often as other patterns.

This is working up great with the Bernat Boucle yarn. It's going to be very warm and cuddly!

That's good! I hate having to keep my nose in a pattern constantly. I find I make MORE mistakes that way!! Easy is good! :)

The more I hear about this, the more I want in. I cannot find the pattern locally. Where can I order it? :(

Sara

Hi sara and everyone else, I to would love to join in on this one! It really does sound like the type of pattern that I would love to make for my DH!

Is there anyway I can see a pic of this pattern?

Thanks,

sissie

Hi Sara and Sissie! Welcome! If you can't find the pattern or would like to see a pic of this, please PM me with your e-mail addy! This one is a lot of fun and is working up quite nicely!!!

I got some more yarn today to go with my stash I have set aside for this.... I am doing it all in lion suade.I got a really big gift certificate to walmart so I got 20 skiens of the suade, about 4 or so of each color. From reading an earlier post though it may not be enugh....I was going to do the lace and bobbles one but it looks harder than this one, and I have alot on my mind right now so I think I will start this one first, its going to go on the kids bed.... I have these colors,

garnet, taupe, teal, sage, andcoffee. I really want the spice to but my walmart is out of it, I may have to post for a trade or something...

Donna_ I bet yours is going to look so nice in the bouncle, are youuseing the yarn I sent you in it?

Welcome Fire and Ice and shellain!!!

Yes, I'm going to use that boucle! That's why I was trying to get a few more skeins as I didn't have quite enough in my stash!

Beware that mine is very long! It's well over 6 feet long! I am using a J hook and the boucle which is thicker than regular WW but I don't mind it being too long. If you're making for the kids room, maybe use a smaller hook?

Can't wait to see how it looks in suede!

I am excited to start this. I haven't picked particular colors yet, but I am going to do chocolate browns and nuetrals (sp?) in caron so soft. I love that stuff!

Hello everyone,

I was going to crochet this afghan along with you all but now I have to wait. My sister seen the ripple that I was working on and now she wants me to do 2 more for her. So maybe after I get these others done I will beable to join in. I sure will be checking this thread alot though to see all the progress that you ladies are making on it.

Theresa

Tina, well that's ok! You're a little girl at heart right? :)

Theresa, join us whenever you can. I'm sure we'll be working on this for awhile. I am seriously considering doing 2 of these...

Archived