Greyhound Dog Sweater

Rosemary

Here is a picture of a fisherman's style sweater that I crocheted for my son's greyhound. Joseywales (the dog) was adopted by my son from a rescue group for retired greyhound racng dogs. I used a pattern specifically made for greyhounds that I bought from a seller on ebay. (the seller uses the profits from sales to help rescued greyhounds). I used Paton's Aran wool.

123386737.jpg

omg it's Fabulous (of course our little beagle, Molly could LIVE in it she's so small!)

Elizabeth Cuppy is sooo cute, how could anyone not love that face?

That sweater is great! I bet your son won't be able to walk that gorgeous dog 2 feet without being stopped by someone admiring it! Good job!:clap

I love the sweater! I know several people with rescued greyhounds, and they all wear coats in the winter and not a one is as gorgeous as yours. Be careful--ou may find yourself with a cottage industry on your hands. Joseywales and Cuppy Puppy are both adorable dogs. I think my girl dog would fall in love if she ever saw either. Patty

Thank you all for the nice comments. Joseywales was named Nitro Joseywales when she was a racing dog. My son and his girlfriend just call her Josey; though I like to say Joseywales.

She has a store-bought snow coat and fall jacket. She was still chilly in their apartment, though, which is why I made her the wool sweater. Living in Toronto, he even wears booties.

The dog sweater is the first thing that I have crocheted that I think is good. (besides scarves). My mitts, etc. are still less than great, but the sweater was easy to follow.

I have an adopted Westie dog, and she thought that Josey's sweater was a blankie for her.

Archived