Eggs & Bacon PotHolder

donnalynn2

I think if I remember correctly I just added the link yesterday. I believe the designer is a new member of Crochetville! :clap There's been a lot of un-edible food patternns published lately, especially for knitters.

For examples, see here and here (scroll down to the knitting section) and here.

Here's one I like: http://www.geocities.com/lindaslists/cldcph.htm

It looks like a giant Christmas tree light. animal0083.gif

I love the pattern for the Crochet Christmas Light. I have used it before to make a Christmas Scarf! Use your favorite color for the light bulb then grey for the light bulb base and I used black to make the length scarf I wanted and then put another light bulb on the other end! I gave it as a gift to a friend of mine last year and she loved it. Just a suggestion!:hook

I love the pattern for the Crochet Christmas Light. I have used it before to make a Christmas Scarf! Use your favorite color for the light bulb then grey for the light bulb base and I used black to make the length scarf I wanted and then put another light bulb on the other end! I gave it as a gift to a friend of mine last year and she loved it. Just a suggestion!:hook

That is a FABULOUS idea!!! I've seen the pattern before, but don't make dishcloths.. and I haven't been in the mood to do it 2x for a potholder. But a scarf sounds adorable!

• 3 weeks later...
That looks nearly identical to the Bacon and Eggs Potholder in one of my Annie's Newsletters. There is also a fridgie pattern.

The site the pattern is on is my site. I haven't seen the pattern you are talking about so I cant really compare, but I never want it said that I stole someone else's pattern so I have opted to remove the pattern from my site. I enjoy creating my own patterns and respect others who do as well.

Thank you Rachel! I really enjoy designing.. most of my designs come from people asking me to create something for them, they describe or draw something and I try to figure out the most creative way to bring it to life. Fridgies are my all time favorite to create.. that got started because I never could find any cute fridgies that were more than 1 dimension.. and they were always so small... I like a fridgie you can see without a magnifying glass LOL

.. most of my designs come from people asking me to create something for them, they describe or draw something and I try to figure out the most creative way to bring it to life. Fridgies are my all time favorite to create.. that got started because I never could find any cute fridgies that were more than 1 dimension.. and they were always so small... I like a fridgie you can see without a magnifying glass LOL

That is where a lot of my designs come from, Hubby stops asking where I go in the middle of the night or etc when I come up with something its a sketch and don't want to lose the idea till I can design it...

I sent you a pm but I saw your pattern a few days ago and I don't see any problem with you keeping it up..

That is where a lot of my designs come from, Hubby stops asking where I go in the middle of the night or etc when I come up with something its a sketch and don't want to lose the idea till I can design it..../QUOTE]

I know what you mean.. my hubby quit asking too! He comes by the craft room sometimes when I'm creating and has learned not to bother me when I have that glazed over crazy look in my eyes and my hook and yarn are flying in a mad frenzy of creating LOL

I made the light bulb pot holders for my grown kids for Christmas this year in lots of different colors. They were a big hit. I did see the bacon and eggs before, but didn't write the pattern down at the time. They were really cute. I love everyones creative ideas!!

Well, I did not get a chance to see the original pattern that was posted here, but in case anyone is interested, I have this pattern saved under my "future silly projects." It looks/sounds like it might be a possible alternative to the one that has now been removed.

Love all the ideas mentioned here. My DD and I just looked at a lot of the links people have put up. I've been thinking of making a bunch of play food using scrap yarn and now that she's seen these I guess I have to.

Archived