Great Flake Race! Over!!

natalie058

in 2 days I have managed one ubersmall snowflake :(

I have just been horridly busy. :(

I am in the middle now of making 5 dozen sugar cookies all cut out and decorated that have to be done by tomorrow morning. :eek

:faint

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got pics of my flakes on my website... Click here to see them!

Only the ones in the first pic are actually stiffened. I don't have the table space at the moment to stiffen the rest of them... Hopefully by this weekend I will be able to...

Now, should I work on my DH's pillow some more or should I work on flakes today? Hmmmmm

Here are my first three.

gfrb.jpg

I don't care for the one on the right at all, but the other two make me happy. I'll have two more to block and maybe a couple more this evening or tomorrow. I'm so slow this time!

Thanks Donna! I've got four more soaking in stiffener right now, probably won't block them until tomorrow morning. Sheer laziness at this point. But, that brings my count to seven, yay me!

Okay, I know I'm not officially in the snowflake race (love the name of this along), but it has inspired me to do some flakes, I've made 5 so far over a few coffee breaks. Thanks for the inspiration.

Well, I guess my final count is in...I did 13 snowflakes. I don't think I could stomach another, although maybe I should....I never really liked the number 13!! :lol Thanks for all the moral support and motivation. Hopefully I can get some pics up at some point. Can't wait to see everyone's work. Take care!

I only got 6 done, none stiffened yet as I have never tried to stiffen anything before. I think I'm done i think.... I have started to wrap gifts cause my hubby works nights right now I have to wrap at night when kids are sleeping and when the 4 month old will allow me to divert my attention elsewhere. I may get some more done in the daytime this weekend too, but that is being hopeful :) Thanks for getting me more thread practice! I even anaged to finish 3 carfs and a hat this week lol. I'd gladly do this race along again!

Well, here are my 18 snowflakes. Some are stiffened with a glue/water/glitter-glue mixture, some with epsom salts (which are still a little wet) with glitter-glue applied afterward. It doesn't show up in the picture, but they're all nicely glittery.

Snowflakescrochetalong90.jpg

It's been fun, I plan to keep making snowflakes throughout the year!

Well, here are my 18 snowflakes. Some are stiffened with a glue/water/glitter-glue mixture, some with epsom salts (which are still a little wet) with glitter-glue applied afterward. It doesn't show up in the picture, but they're all nicely glittery.

Snowflakescrochetalong90.jpg

It's been fun, I plan to keep making snowflakes throughout the year!

:yay Great Job! :yay

I finally got the 99 Snowflakes book and some metallic thread, and I plan to make some more flakes tomorrow.

So far, I've done eleven.

Wow! There are so many really pretty snowflakes in C'ville - I'm so glad they are yarn or thread and not the real deal :snow - I hate the cold stuff:wbrr

Anyways, I finally managed to make six more and now it's time for :tea

Will post some pix when I'm finished. Is today the last day?

Here is my second batch of blocked snowflakes

th_gfr2.jpg

I have three more to block now, bringing my total to 10 for the race. I may continue on but think that's all I'll get done before we're through. Maybe. ;)

Here is my second batch of blocked snowflakes

th_gfr2.jpg

I have three more to block now, bringing my total to 10 for the race. I may continue on but think that's all I'll get done before we're through. Maybe. ;)

Julie , yours are GORGEOUS! Where did you say you were getting the patterns from? the 99 pattern or 101 snowflake patterns one? PLease let me know so I can add it to my last minute wish list my hubby just asked me about last night <big grin>

Julie , yours are GORGEOUS! Where did you say you were getting the patterns from? the 99 pattern or 101 snowflake patterns one? PLease let me know so I can add it to my last minute wish list my hubby just asked me about last night <big grin>

Thank you! They're actually from both, plus one from Lacy Snowflakes. :U I'm liking 99 Snowflakes better right now, but that changes from session to session.

Lovely snowflakes:manyheart, Julie. I'm on my18th flake now:hook .

Thanks Vera! I finished my 10th and am almost done with #11. You speedy thing you! :lol

Here's another batch of snowflakes.

greatflakes2.jpg

Most of these are from the LA book 99 Snowflakes. I'm on my 20th flake now, and may do a few more today.

I'm going to put these on next year's Christmas tree. :ctree:wreath:ctree

Natalie, thanks for hosting this CAL. It seems like this is the only way I'll make snowflakes.:flower:ty:flower

Archived