natalie058

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finished 15! Yippee! on to more!!

hugs

Vims

Are you trying to take the throne from me??? :lol:lol:lol

I guess I'll just have to hustle and get busy with lots more today!!!

This is so much fun! I love the fact that it's a "race" and not just a CAL as it's making me get my butt in gear!!!

Oh, I had an idea making these flakes... Some of them are rather large (as I'm using cotton 4 ply instead of size 10) and I thought that maybe I could string them with white lights and make garland with these snowflakes??? What do ya think????

P.S. Anyone else getting Picot burnout??? I am soooo tired of picots I could scream!!! I am going to drop the 99 Snowflake book for awhile and see if I can find some snowflakes that aren't all picots! Although I don't know if that's possible! :yay

I am just flying, I mean flying through these flakes. I can't believe how fast they are going. Watch out Donna, I'm right behind you!

Well, 15 19 behind you. I've made two so far. :lol

I wasn't home at all yesterday, it can't be helped. ;) Hopefully today will be better.

I am just flying, I mean flying through these flakes. I can't believe how fast they are going. Watch out Donna, I'm right behind you!

Well, 15 19 behind you. I've made two so far. :lol

I wasn't home at all yesterday, it can't be helped. ;) Hopefully today will be better.

Whew, you really are on my tail!!!! I have a feeling I'm going to have crocheters cramp trying to rush through these! :lol

I'm at 24 and counting!!! Come on now... Pass me pass me pass me!!!

I am NOT forgetting about this CAL, but I HAVE, absolutely HAVE, to get my Christmas packages in the mail this week if I want them to arrive at my family's before Christmas itself. So I've been crocheting madly to get those done. I need a few more hours on my sister's stole, about 5 minutes on my bil's seaman's scarf, and if I had 2 hours to make another scrunchy for my sis, that would be great. And I'd really like to get another scarf done for my nephew, but I don't think that's happening. So, what that means is, when I am done, I am buckling down on snowflakes--and I still have through Saturday. Maybe I can get a few done.

19?? I'd love to see a video of your flying hook! Actually, we wouldn't be able to see anything, would we--it would all be a blur!! :lol:cheer You go, everyone, and I hope to join in later this week.

Patty, with 0 snowflakes done :(

Ok, having made 10 snowflakes so far today (making my total at 31) I am NOT doing anymore today... I'm going googly eeyed from doing so many!

The good thing is that I have plently of snowflakes to include with all the Christmas presents for my family this year... I may do more tonite but then again, I may take a break til tomorrow!!!!

Donna, how how how can you do them so fast? I am not a speed thread crocheter, it takes me about an hour if I'm lucky to do one 4 inch flake. What's your secret, I need to know!

Donna, how how how can you do them so fast? I am not a speed thread crocheter, it takes me about an hour if I'm lucky to do one 4 inch flake. What's your secret, I need to know!

I'm using 4 ply cotton yarn instead of thread!!!!! Most of the ones I can get done within 15-20 mins each. The harder and more intricate ones take about 30 mins each. Don't forget that I have an extra advantage... I can crochet almost all day at work... I work alone and most of the time it's pretty slow in here so after my work is done and all customers have been waited on I can crochet crochet crochet. Heck, there was a 3 hour stretch this afternoon where I didn't get one customer or phone call! Most people don't have this leisure... Heck, if I were home I wouldn't have this much time!!!

I'm still hanging in there and fighting the lack of ambition...I've finished 5 whole flakes now! :clap I'm happy!

Donna & Julie - way to go on those super fast flying hooks! I can not even think of competing with either of you!!

Vera those are great!! :applause

I started to do the one on the bottom right again and had trouble with it this time. I cut and ran from it, decided I wasn't happy and started a different one. I need to do it again though as I sent mine to Mom for her birthday.

I agree - great job Vera! I also did the bottom right one but have yet to block it - I love how yours turned out! I'm going to try to take my thread and hooks on the plane with me to finish a few more....I'll take an older hook jsut in case with the holidays they are going to be...ummm.....difficult (was thinking more along the lines of witchy but with a B) :D

How's everyone doing? I didn't get any more flakes done last night as I was finishing up the packages for up north for my relatives there and literally spent all evening with that and getting all our Christmas Cards sent out... Can you believe I am 3 cards/pics short? UGH! I can't believe I have to go to the store for 3 measly cards! Oh well, these people won't be getting the annual pictures. I'm not placing another order at Wal-Mart and waiting for them...

I am taking a break from the flakes at work today... I did so many yesterday I got flake-burnout! Maybe tonite after I get home... If not, tomorrow I'll get back into the swing of things... I'm still trying to finish up my DH's Miami Dolphins Pillow which has been calling to me from my WIP Tote so I picked it back up this morning... 20 more rows and I will have the first side finished!

I took pics of all the flakes I've made this week and will try to post them tomorrow!!! What's everyone's totals up to????

Archived