Annie's Attic? Do they normally take this long to ship?

Im not sure if this is the right spot for this topic or not so Mod's please feel free to move.

I ordred a couple of pineapple books and a stuffed animal book from the Annie's Attic super duper clearance that was going on a few weeks ago. I received an email saying my order was shipped on Nov 18 but I still havent received it yet.

It was my first time ordering from them (and Im not too sure I will do so again.)

Anyone else have problems with their shipping being at a snail's pace?

I have only ordered from them once. It took FOREVER to get the item. So long, that I actually told them I thought it was lost. They shipped another one out to me, and then I got the first one as well!

I had the same exact thing happen!! I haven't ordered from them again, I was NOT impressed. I ended up not getting a wedding gift done in time (that I would have had six weeks to do and ended up with a couple weeks!) because of it.

Unfortunately, they have some great patterns.

Yes, have had the same trouble. Then when you contact them, they tell you it is 6 weeks before they are allowed to consider them lost.:angry

Unless you have a lot of time and are not in a hurry for the stuff you like, I say do not order from them. It takes a really great pattern or sale to get me to order from them.

I would get the stuff faster if I drove to Texas and back.

Oh by the way, the e-mail may say it is shipped, but most of the time that is when the warehouse got the order to ship. Confusing Huh?:think

Well, if they shipped your package book rate, it could take six weeks to ship. I don't know if they did this -- I have never ordered from them -- but it sure sounds possible. I prefer to have items sent via priority (not overnight) mail as it isn't that expensive and is much quicker.

I did notice that the amigurumi book they have is back ordered when I glanced at their sale pages.

I have only ordered from them once, however one item was back-ordered so I actually got 2 shipments. They emailed me within a day or two that the order had shipped, 2 weeks later I still had not received it, so I emailed and they informed me they had shipped out replacements by priority mail. I received the original ones that same day and the priority ones 2 days after that. The second shipment also took just over 2 weeks to get to me. Maybe they send most of their stuff Media Mail which is 3-4 times slower than first class. ??? not sure, but it is frustrating.

I recently ordered from them and also received an email. I have been checking the mail every day. I was ready to contact them. Now I know, I just have to wait it out. I guess I won't be using the book for any Christmas gifts. :(

Wow. It seems like they'd be losing out on a lot of money from so many customers emailing/calling, saying their shipment is lost, and sending out another one.

Guess I won't be ordering from them any time soon... :/

The pattern club is free to sign up for and you receive a preview postcard for each shipment of two books. You have the option of receiving the books or not, then once you have the books you can review them and decide if you want both, one, or neither and send either the books or your payment.

As far as long shipping times, I ended up with two copies of one of their books because the first one got lost in the mail. I received the reorder (free of charge) before the original came in!

I've ordered a number of times from the Annie's Attic website and have had no problems. It's the only place I can find 11-inch binder tabs for storing pattern booklets in 3-ring binders (search on their website for "bookeeper tabs" - yes, misspelled with one K). Also, the yearly sale is great!

-Cheryl

Thanks all.

I agree their shipping was a bit much but I couldnt even get those booklets on ebay with ebay shipping for as cheap as I was getting them from them.

I guess I will just have to be patient. I just didnt think even with Media Mail it would take this long. LOL.

Archived