Almost finished shawl

wendyRN

I made my sister a shawl :yay (it was my first shawl ever and took me 4 tries :think )

I haven't put the fringe on it yet because, well...I'm a lazy hooker!

I love the yarn though, it is so pretty. And I tried it out today outside and it is sooo very warm.

So without further adoo, here is my almost finished shawl, modeled by the love of my life...my husband:manyheart

http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mvc005f4vq.jpg

here is a closeup of the yarn (it is Homespun but I forgot the name of the color)

http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mvc006f2tw.jpg

:hook ta da!!

I really like it. How did you get your husband to model it? Mine would have ran out of the room at the suggestion.:lol

Thanks guys!

I have the most perfect husband:manyheart . I am one truly blessed girl:c9 I better hush about my Barry before Donna bans me from here for boring yall to death:lol

It's sort of a combination of a bunch of patterns that I had tried and messed up. It's basically just 3DC in every third ch on the first row and then in every space on the other rows. I used on DC at the end of each row and then turned to get to the next row. If that made any sense.:think

Thank you guys so much! :hug

I didnt learn about weaving my ends as I go until after I had finished the shawl. I learned it here! This is THE best board!!:manyheart

Now who wants to spend a day with me and help me do alllllll that fringe?:hook

Wonderful job, great model! :cheer That is one of my favorite colorways of Homespun, just so you know it's called Quartz.

Good luck with the fringing! That's one of my least favorite parts of my projects, takes almost as long as making the shawl and really stresses my back. But that could be because I don't have any good work surfaces to do it on. Leaning over your work on a bed is a guarantee for stressing even a good back out! :lol

You sister is sure to love this. :manyheart

Archived