Felted bag with applique

crochetdiva

Now that she has received it, I can show my felted bag I made for my swap buddy. I dyed it after I felted it, and used the original color and cut out a piece to applique. I lined the inside with some whimsical teddy bear print since she has little ones. I used an I-cord for the handles, it makes the handles more even, and nicer to hold....in my opinion. Oh, and I shaved the bag after felting...Lopi wool is awfully hairy, lol.

This was a lot of fun to make.

bag:

valbag2.jpg

Inside the bag:insidefeltedbag.jpg

LOL Maria, that is so funny...I actually loved it so much I pondered making another one to give away. and keeping this one..isn't that evil of me?? But in the end I let it go...LOL

Andrea, you did such a great job on that bag :manyheart now I know why I don't join the swaps, I couldn't part with such a great looking bag once it was done :devil

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I love that purse. How can I get one?????:lol I guess ive been hidden away to long in the yarn dept:hook . Now I have no ideal what felting is:blush . But guess that leads back to your never to old to learn something new. So if anyone would be interested in teaching a old women:D . I would appreciate it. Thank you.

HI Paula, basically felting is achieved when you make something with 100% wool, then wash it in HOT water and it shrinks and binds together.

It is not difficult. There is a whole section about felting on crochetville, you should take a peek before you start.

Thanks everyone for the compliments!!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I love that purse. How can I get one?????:lol I guess ive been hidden away to long in the yarn dept:hook . Now I have no ideal what felting is:blush . But guess that leads back to your never to old to learn something new. So if anyone would be interested in teaching a old women:D . I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Archived