granny Squarelovers and chatters

Mary Jo, we had that rain here yesterday too, aaaalllllll day. And it looks like we'll have it again today and for the next couple of days. We really needed it but too much at once can cause flooding issues.

Brenda, I'm glad your friend is ok and has power again. 

Reni, I hope they get the fire out.

I am officially on summer break. Woohoo!!! I'm going to warp my loom for a strap for a bag. I already wove the main part just need to do the strap and stitch it together.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Oh Brenda that is so scary for your friend, but you know, I probably would have been that hard headed too ( you know me too well)....

Chris and I are getting back to rights after this Covid thing, my taste and smell are back..... Chris never  has lost his, 

My brother who lost part of his stomach , liver and intestines to cancer is cancer free due to some new technology they tried at the McLeod Center is SC,.... it is a genetic form of colon cancer PMS2, so glad he will be with us a few more years!! 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Oh Brenda that is so scary for your friend, but you know, I probably would have been that hard headed too ( you know me too well)....

Chris and I are getting back to rights after this Covid thing, my taste and smell are back..... Chris never  has lost his, 

My brother who lost part of his stomach , liver and intestines to cancer is cancer free due to some new technology they tried at the McLeod Center is SC,.... it is a genetic form of colon cancer PMS2, so glad he will be with us a few more years!! 

Lea that is great news both with you guys recovering from covid and your brother being cancer free.

• Like 1

just checking in with you all  hows everything going?? we are ok handy has recovered from the ladder and back incident and i think i am ewcovering from my head bump lol i must have a hard head huh  

maxie is fine, he too was sick for a day oe two, but find out he just need a little push from his constupatuin meds lol he is fine now  always somrthing huh  

noiw as for the pollen, dust, trees, weeds and smoke in the air, we are doing ok yakr care of each other ok!! its all gonna get better!!  katie 

• Like 1

Hi there Villers! It's quiet here now. Pest control came and did their thing. I would much rather not have to have my property sprayed but the bugs in this desert would take over and carry us all off somewhere ugly and hang us up. There's a lot of new house construction going on so that doesn't help.

Last I read on the wildfire as of yesterday, it was 50% contained. I can't seem to find anything for an update for today.

Have an outstanding Humpday!

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 2

Lea, that is good new for all of you.

Katie, glad to hear you all are doing well.

Reni, I hope the fires are out soon.

The day started sunny but the rains started again late this afternoon. I drove past some very full canals and lakes on my way to pick up dinner. 

Hope you all have a lovely evening.

• Like 1

Hoping all our FL peeps are doing okay.  All the water I am seeing on the news is looking scary.  I have always wished we could somehow send excess rain to parts of country that needed it and to help put out fires like in Reni's area.

Lea thats fabulous news about your brother.

Edited by bgs

Hello! The fire is 90% contained and hopefully there is a very slight chance of rain that would put it out. Great news too- No casualties!

Not much else in the news department here. It's all taking place in south Florida. My goodness! Hopefully that's the last of the catastrophes that the weather brings.

• Like 1

Good Morning.  

Reni glad to hear the fire is almost out.

CShort, you are getting most of the rain.  You guys are really getting pounded.  We got some on Wednesday that filled the pool, then last night we got some and of course it was when I was driving.  They are calling for some today, but who knows.  It is like there is a wall down the middle of the state or maybe just around us here.

Today is going to be a home day.  When I got home from the hospital (DH is back in the hospital) the temp in the house was 86 degrees.  The main AC stopped working.  Thnak you for letting the AC for the bedroom keep working.  I spent the night in the bedroom keeping cool.

This morning, I have a blood test being taking between 9 and 11.  Then the AC people will be here between 11 and 5, so no trip to the hospital today.

I am not happy and I am sure he will not be.

Hope everyone is doing good today.

Right now the sun is shinning and I am sitting with my first cup of coffee.  No food till after the blood test.

Have fun today everyone.

• Like 1

Mary Jo, I'm sorry to hear that your hubby is back in the hospital. Broken AC at this time of the year is awful, I hope it's a quick and not too expensive repair. 

Reni, that is good news about the fire and no casualties is the best news.

It's raining again but not as much as the past couple of days. I finished weaving the strap for the bag, I washed the fabric and it's drying now, then I can put the bag together. Not much else happening here. 

Hope you all have a great day.

• Like 1

I am home and turns out I need a new blower (bad news).  Good news is that it is still under warranty.  So it is covered.  I was told 2 to 3 days for new one.  He left I left.  I get home and there are 2 messages telling me they have to part and can come put it in.  But of course I am at the hospital, so I have to talk to after hours people.  I guess I will have to wait till Monday.  They said I would get a call back.  

Things look good at the hospital.  The kidneys are begining to work the way they are suppose to and he got 1 negative for CDiff.  Needs 2 more.

Thank you again for listening and I know you will always be there, but I am getting tired of complaints.

We got a lot of noise here cshort, no rain.  I was sitting in the hospital when a clap of thunder almost knocked me off the chair it was so loud, but no rain.

Dinner is done, I am now going over to my corner and relax for the rest of the night.

No game tonight.  Watched last nights game this morning.  Fun to watch.  Go Panthers.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

I am home and turns out I need a new blower (bad news).  Good news is that it is still under warranty.  So it is covered.  I was told 2 to 3 days for new one.  He left I left.  I get home and there are 2 messages telling me they have to part and can come put it in.  But of course I am at the hospital, so I have to talk to after hours people.  I guess I will have to wait till Monday.  They said I would get a call back.  

Things look good at the hospital.  The kidneys are begining to work the way they are suppose to and he got 1 negative for CDiff.  Needs 2 more.

Thank you again for listening and I know you will always be there, but I am getting tired of complaints.

We got a lot of noise here cshort, no rain.  I was sitting in the hospital when a clap of thunder almost knocked me off the chair it was so loud, but no rain.

Dinner is done, I am now going over to my corner and relax for the rest of the night.

No game tonight.  Watched last nights game this morning.  Fun to watch.  Go Panthers.

Glad to hear the good news about John.  You scored a win with the blower, it being under warranty, and part available that soon.  

• Like 1

Not one drop of rain let alone a single cloud yesterday. It all went up the east side of the state. So much for predictions! 😂

It's quite strange to me how so many things are getting postponed or broken. Today's fiasco- my new vacuum cleaner quit working. It's only a few months old and I'm still searching for the purchase receipt. I will find that little rascal! I still have a ton to be grateful for though, no matter how many things go crazy!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Thanks Brenda.  Turns out the warranty is up on 7/7/2024.  Talk about luck.

Yes that was lucky!  Seems like most things go out just after the warranty expires.  

• Like 1

Good Morning everyone.

The sun is up and shinning.  Just a couple of clouds, but nothing that will bring rain.

Hope everyone has a great day.

• Like 1

Sun is out here too with the humidity to match, even the cat didn't want to go out..

I have some energy back today so I am decluttering some more to get ready to convince Dh we need to move  His  reality hasn't caught up with his " I can fix that I can do that"...

Not much at all planned for the day, I was working on a baby gift and can't believe I can out of Red Heart yellow yarn.... how in the world did that happen, I could run up to Walmart but decided I'll work on a couple WIPS that seem to multiply in the craft closet

Stay cool and safe

• Like 1

Mary Jo, that's good news about John and the AC being under warranty. My son-in-law has been following the Panthers games, they practice at the rink where my daughter and granddaughter ice skate. They have attended games in the past and my granddaughter took hockey classes because she wanted to play. but her dancing has taken up more time since she leveled up on the competition team so no hockey playing. 

It has been gray skies all day and a few minutes of light rain. 

Reni, you are absolutely right, there is always something to be grateful for. I hope you find the receipt. 

It's been a quiet day here. Had a quick visit from my daughter and granddaughter. They stopped by to drop off a birthday gift for my mom and Father's Day gift for my dad. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

• Like 1

Our real feel today is 99° Hope my old body adjusts but its not handling it too well right now even being mostly in ac.  Room was hot for dulcimer beginners class but dh was able to track down batteries for the thermostat and it eventually cooled off enough that it was comfortable.  I should probably go hydrate.

Not sure whats happening with my friend that had the 13 day power outage as she didnt show for a couple of things that she said she would be at.  Got an email that said absence due to the gift that just keeps on giving.  I know how those outages tend to mess up other things.

Lea just keep chipping away at the easy stuff.  I knew we were going to need to move and I started to try to make peace with it starting 5 years out. I was the one not wanting to move and was told he was moving with or without me (and he meant it). I admit I resented being told that but I also eventually knew when it was time. This was the place I had wanted to move to 50+ years ago when they built the place and still have a hard time believing I made it here.   

• Like 1

Let's hope the Panthers win.  If they do, they bring the cup back to Florida.

Hey Brenda, my Mahomes bag is getting beat up.  I had to use duck tape on it.

The other day someone thought it was Brady in a Bucs uniform.  After all who expects a Mahomes bag.

Had a nice day today.

Off to my corner.

Have a good night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Let's hope the Panthers win.  If they do, they bring the cup back to Florida.

Hey Brenda, my Mahomes bag is getting beat up.  I had to use duck tape on it.

The other day someone thought it was Brady in a Bucs uniform.  After all who expects a Mahomes bag.

Had a nice day today.

Off to my corner.

Have a good night.

Can never have too much duck tape on hand and sounds like a case of they (football players) all look alike!

• Like 1

Mary Jo, hope they get your AC going first thing this week. Glad you're getting encouraging news with John.

Reni, I try to keep receipts and product info properly filed but sometimes I think it comes out at night to play and then goes home with a friend. Hope you've found it.

It's gotten summer hot this weekend. A little chance of rain this next week so maybe that'll bring the temps down.

I went to my uncle's funeral yesterday. I got to visit with several cousins that I had lost touch with. I've got 4 of the grands tomorrow, then a cleaning at the dentist Tuesday. I've got to try to find someone else to do my weed eating. The current guy told me this week that he's not going to be able to do it--bigger job than he realized and he has some back/health issues. One of the problems with living in a small town is finding people to do the things you can't do yourself.

Hope everyone is staying cool and having a good weekend!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First I want to wish all the Father's out there a Happy Father's Day.  I hope you are having a good one.

Got some good news today.  John is going back to Rehab tomorrow.  His kidneys are fine again and his pressure is better than normal.  Hey even his blood sugar has been low.

So busy day tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a good day today.:ghug

• Like 4

That's good news Mary Jo! 

I wish all the dads out there a very Happy Father's Day! 

I'm still hunting for the receipt and now the handbook for the vacuum but, after piddling around with it for about an hour I finally plugged it in, and it works! I guess it just overheated maybe.

It's 95°F today and low 90's through to the end of the week. 95, 105, 115, it's all the same to me- HOT 🥵! I become even more of a hermit than usual. LOL

• Like 1