October Placemats

Tampa Doll

I have made this pattern several times and each time it is for a holiday.  This time it is for October which includes Halloween, hence the colors of orange, green and dark brown.  One is trimmed in gold and one in green.  This is an easy pattern and as you can see very versatile depending on the 3 colors are.

October placemat green2.jpg

October placemat gold.jpg

• Like 7

Hey, nice! I never did learn how to make a multi-colour project such as yours.  Surely there must be some special technique so that you don't have to keep cutting the yarn a hundred times over.  

• Like 1

@Tampa Doll:  Thanks for giving me your instructions for mullti-coloured projects!  Must be a bit messy on the wrong side, though...  😊

Edited by Horsy

On 10/23/2023 at 5:10 PM, Horsy said:

@Tampa Doll:  Thanks for giving me your instructions for mullti-coloured projects!  Must be a bit messy on the wrong side, though...  😊

Actually, the back looks like the front.  I will try and get a picture of the back for you.  You actually crochet over the yarn you are carrying.

On 10/25/2023 at 11:47 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Actually, the back looks like the front.  I will try and get a picture of the back for you.  You actually crochet over the yarn you are carrying.

I will take your word for it, though I certainly would like to see a photo!  This is all news to me about "crochet[ing] over the yarn..."

On 10/26/2023 at 8:50 PM, Horsy said:

I will take your word for it, though I certainly would like to see a photo!  This is all news to me about "crochet[ing] over the yarn..."

Here is the back of the placemats.  The whole back and the corner.

Back Oct. placemat01.jpg

Back Oct. placemat02.jpg

• Like 1

Holycow.  If you should accidentally place your mats wrong side up, nobody would really notice.  The opposing colours kind of peeking thru the main ones are not a distraction, on the wrong side -  not in my view anyway.   Thanks for showing us.  I really love your work.  

• Like 1

Tampa Doll, I missed these earlier, these are so pretty! 

Horsey, what Tampa Doll is describing is Tapestry Crochet, it is easy to do.  

https://tapestrycrochet.com/     This website has a lot of information on this technique, including how to do it for the best effect in the round.