Intro message

poemfish

Hello!

My real name is Michele. I will be 43 on the 30th of this month (but don't tell anyone!). I am married with 5 children (20g, 13g, 12g, 9g, 8b). We live on a 14 acre farm in rural GA but we are planning to move to the mountains of TN. We homeschool and we are into homesteading/simple living/natural health.

I started crocheting in the 5th grade. A counselor at my school asked if anyone wanted to learn. There were 6 of us that stayed after school for an entire year crocheting. I wish I remembered the woman's name so I could track her down and thank here.

I am left-handed but I crochet right-handed! That was the way I was taught. It feels funny when I crochet left-handed! I recently learned how to do tapestry crochet and in that technique you have to crochet right and left-handed.

I love learning new techniques and new patterns. My latest "new" thing is the "waffleweave" stitch. I want to make a throw with the stitch for the winter since it is so warm and cuddly. I just can't decide on the type of yarn I want to use.

Only my 12 year old daughter is interested in crocheting and she is really good at it.

And that is about it!

michele (poemfish)

:hi:welcome Michele! You made it over here! :clap:dance:jumpyay:woo

Glad to 'see' you! There's a plethora of information and talent here, as well as fun, and I know you will love Crochetville.

I think that waffleweave stitch is aka basketweave stitch. If so, I just did a square using that stitch for the 63 Squares Crochet-A-Long. So I just discovered it and I love it!

Goodness! I never expected so many people to reply! My current project is "Miss Essie's Hat" on page 72 of the Fall 2005 issue of Crochet Fantasy. (This is a real hard project! tee hee).

It is for my 9 year old daughter. I measured her head and it is 21 inches so I am just going to go down a size on my hook and it should be fine. It should give the brim some extra stiffness too. I might go out an extra round for the brim to make it a little wider.

I stopped by Michael's and picked up a skein of Wool-ease Thick and Quick and I will make the hat this evening after dinner. This particular daughter LOVES hats!

michele

Archived