Another "Marvelous" Tote-Monster Size

deneen

After I wrote the original pattern, some people (name won't be mentioned here) mentioned how great it would be bigger, so I tried it. This is called the Marvelous Monster Tote.

I used the original pattern and I increased the bottom three rounds, worked it to row 34 with a double sc across the top and inside the handles. I used the wool from Norway, that was bulky and a K hook, as well as (here's the broken commandment) a 50 gram ball of Hyacinth Wool of the Andes, as well as a hank of some recycled wool in 70% lambswool/30% angora that was RAOK'd to me that had yardage and weight unknown. I used 8 50 gram hanks of the Norway wool that I had KA dyed. When I used the regular WW wool for the purple stripe, I held two strands together. If you are going to use WW wool, I would use two strands held together throughout. Also, for the handles, I just counted the number of stitches I had on row 34, did the math and figured out where to put the handles. It's pretty easy to eyeball it.

th_DSC01424.jpg Before fulling

th_DSC01425.jpg After Fulling

th_DSC01427.jpg Blocking

11" tall-fulled down to 9" tall

17" wide-fulled down to 14" wide

14" deep-fulled down to 10" deep

After I wrote the original pattern, some people (name won't be mentioned here) mentioned how great it would be bigger, so I tried it. This is called the Marvelous Monster Tote.

:cheer

I'm a big fan of the original tote and was planning to supersize the next one. :-) (I even have the yarn, 2 shades of purple Cascade 220). So cool that you posted this. Thank you so much for sharing. I am giving the totes I make as Christmas presents. They are lovely!

Sorry, I linked it in the first post and the supersize instructions are in that post also.

i found it...i must have just overlooked it on my first search...thank you, its really great..:)

Archived