Happy April Table and Tree 2019(image large)

Tampa Doll

Ah it is April and we hopefully see some flowers and critter that sleep in the winter out and about. 

The old saying is April Showers Bring May Flowers.  Well for a lot of us it has been sometimes cold, snowy and sometimes cold and rainy.  Hopefully this will soon change to warmth and sunshine.

I remember one year as a child, going out to lunch in our Easter Outfits and coming out and it is snowing.

Easter and Pass Over will be here soon and hopefully it will warm up.

My table this year is full of little ones in their Easter outfits and some bunnies  They are all ready for Spring.

Enjoy.

2019 easter Table (4).JPG

2019 easter Table (6).JPG

2019 easter Table (7).JPG

2019 easter Table (8).JPG

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 3

Thank you Mary Jo.  I never tire of seeing your tree and table.  I enjoy seeing all the pretties.  One year my mom, my sisters (2 at the time) and myself had matching dresses.  They were cotton mostly white with small spring flowers here and there but had large spring flowers around the bottom of the skirt.  Sleeveless, fitted bodice, zipper at waist, with a gathered skirt.  I dont even remember the last time I wore a dress.

• Thanks 1

My Mom always made our dresses.  We had dresses, hats shoes sock and (UGH) hats, and oh let's not forget the purse.

I hated to wear the hat, but had no choice.  We would go to church, then out to lunch.

This is a picture of me, my oldest sister and my brother at Easter.

Old Time Raz003.jpg

• Like 1

Mary Jo love your picture.  I like looking thru old pictures----the clothes, hair styles, buildings, landscape, cars, etc.  This one must bring back so many memories.  You all look so proper all dressed up especially your brother in his hat and tie.  My mom made most of my dresses too.  The matching ones were store bought.  My grandma made us sack pj's from printed I think flour sacks.   Sheets and tea towels were made from feed sacks (not burlap but white tight woven fabric but they were sort of rough)

Beautiful!!  I put out the bunnies you made for me a couple weeks ago, Savannah loves to hid things in the one that comes apart....

Yes, we had the whole works too... hats, dress, shoes, purse... gloves....to this day I can not stand the feel of tulle cause it reminds me of those itchy crinolines

Where we were little Mom use to smock our dresses.  That picture was before my little sister was born.  Yeah it does bring back memories and I look and remember the changes of the house behind us.  They added a garage to their yard, cut off the view of the street to the corner.

Thank you all.  I love this table, as it brings sunshine to the house  when it is gloomy outside.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...