Hello from a So-Cal "hooker"

Bullygrl

I don't post very frequently, so I can't remember if I've posted an intro before- If I have please forgive my duplication.

I live in Ventura County CA- the sunny left coast of this great nation- Surf's up! Professionally I am a freelance graphic artist. I live at the beach, its a great source of inspiration for me.

I'm self taught from Library books and web pages (THANK YOU! to all the great instructional crochet pages that people have taken their valuable time to post)... I learned to crochet a couple years back and have been hooked (pardon the pun) ever since! I have found that besides being creative and fun, crochet has cured my life-long nail-biting habit!

My passion is personal clothing (halters, skirts & tops) and accessories. Currently I am making a soutache cord bag from a 40s vintage pattern.

I usually have several projects in the works, and am always looking for cool yarns, including sweaters to recycle. I am collecting for a couple skirts, and hope to have one done for VC Fair next summer.

I am attempting to corner the market on vintage crochet patterns- 40s-80s. I also collect vintage crochet and lace like Irish crochet and bobbin laces, I love the handwork done by our grannies and great aunties!

If anyone is interested in a stitch-n-bitch for crochet in Ventura or Oxnard, I'd be glad to chat about it!

Jean

Archived