September 2018 Table

Tampa Doll

Back to school.

Growing up, the 1st day of school was the day or 2 after Labor Day.  We would put our new cloths on, take our new notebooks and such and walk 3 city blocks to school up to 8th grade.  The we would walk to the center of town to pick up the bus to go to Jr. High (middle school) for 9th and Hight school for 10th thru 12th.  My senior year it changed to 9th thru 12th in the High School.

It was always exciting in a way after 8th, as I knew everyone from Kindergarten to 8th.  It was a neighborhood school, a small section of Camden.  Now when we hit 9th, now we were going to school with kids from all over Camden.  It was fascinating and a fun experience.

Some days I wish I could go back to those days, they were much easier.  The only worry you had was who I got as a teacher. 

Funny story, I had gym in grade school and hated it.  Then I went to Jr. High and thought great, I now get to know a new gym teacher and maybe she would be nice.  Guess what, my grade school gym teacher became my Jr. High gym teacher.  (groan).   Now I go into High, no way am I going to get the same teacher, No more torture, cause I am not good at sports.  Nope went to gym the first day and Yep you guessed it.  The same teacher.  I was doomed for the next 3 years.

As the kids have been in school, or going for the first day I dedicate this table to both Teachers and students.

September 2016 Table002.JPG

September 2016 Table006.JPG

Great table!!!

I was fortunate to go to a tiny elementary school less than a block away from my parents house.  I could easily walk there and back.  Today it is a Senior Center/Community Center and a pool.  DH and I work out at the pool.  That school was 1-4 when I started no public K.  When my sister started 2 years later she was in the first K class.  They had an interesting transition school 5-6 that took in all the kids from the 5 elementary schools in town.  Not a middle school like you have today, but more of a transition school from elementary to an old fashioned jr. high for 7/8.  Our town had a 2 town regional high school for 9-12.

There was always something exciting about the first week of school.

Nice tablescape! Each little piece says a lot. I love September and October. So much change after a hot, scorchy summer. Cooler nights, less wind, and oh boy.....Here comes Halloween! 

Awwwwww it's lovely. You always put so much time and thought into everything you do.

Speaking of fall and changes of seasons, It was Sept. when we drove out of Alaska 3 years ago. The trees were bare and it was very cold, with snow here and there. As we drove to South Carolina we left winter,drove through fall in the midwest, and into late summer in South Carolina all in 11 days. It was a very interesting experience!

Archived