darski

Poodle eyeglass holder

11 posts in this topic

Can't remember where I first saw this cute little idea.  there is a pattern on Ravelry to make this.

I cannot work in sc w/ small hooks so I did hdc with a 5.mm hook.  the whole trick is to make a ball as your starting point. I added a CD as a base because he kept falling forward w/ the specs on.

poodle01.jpg.90c5d3e659b4ecaeb64af5b3e031b8b8.jpg

 

In the Boxing Day CAL we were thinking this would make a good donation to seniors' centres.

 

 

Edited by darski
typo
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now THAT made my day! 

Maybe a short crocheted tube as a  'dog collar' would work?  Might need some stiffening with plastic canvas tho.  Or wide mouth plastic lid, like from a mayo jar.

Edited by Granny Square
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

Now THAT made my day! 

Maybe a short crocheted tube as a  'dog collar' would work?  Might need some stiffening with plastic canvas tho.  Or wide mouth plastic lid, like from a mayo jar.

I like the dog collar idea!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is adorable.  I like the idea of a collar. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's cute! My mum told me there were popular poodle bottle covers (almost half a century ago, because I don't remember them :) ) like that - just instead of a ball for a head you make a tube to cover the bottle. I like your poodle too :cheer

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Apak said:

It's cute! My mum told me there were popular poodle bottle covers (almost half a century ago, because I don't remember them :) ) like that - just instead of a ball for a head you make a tube to cover the bottle. I like your poodle too :cheer

I've made dozens of those.  You need a TP tube and a Worcestershire sauce bottle.  we filled them with bath salts.  it was the beginning of my crocheted poodle fascination. :manyheart.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super cute idea:cheer perfect way to use up scrap yarn as well

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jayashiangel said:

Super cute idea:cheer perfect way to use up scrap yarn as well

I agree.  if you just make the people ones you don't need the wool eating pompoms.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You piqued my interest by mentioning 'people ones' so I took a look--patterns below for those interested.  Hilarious how some amended the muppet ones to make different characters (you need to be a Ravelry member to see the projects).

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/clown-eyeglass-holder   clown

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/muppet-glasses-holder  muppet

Edited by Granny Square

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now