darski

Poodle eyeglass holder

11 posts in this topic

Can't remember where I first saw this cute little idea.  there is a pattern on Ravelry to make this.

I cannot work in sc w/ small hooks so I did hdc with a 5.mm hook.  the whole trick is to make a ball as your starting point. I added a CD as a base because he kept falling forward w/ the specs on.

poodle01.jpg.90c5d3e659b4ecaeb64af5b3e031b8b8.jpg

In the Boxing Day CAL we were thinking this would make a good donation to seniors' centres.

Edited by darski
typo
1 person likes this

Now THAT made my day! 

Maybe a short crocheted tube as a  'dog collar' would work?  Might need some stiffening with plastic canvas tho.  Or wide mouth plastic lid, like from a mayo jar.

Edited by Granny Square
1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

Now THAT made my day! 

Maybe a short crocheted tube as a  'dog collar' would work?  Might need some stiffening with plastic canvas tho.  Or wide mouth plastic lid, like from a mayo jar.

I like the dog collar idea!

1 person likes this

That is adorable.  I like the idea of a collar. 

1 person likes this

It's cute! My mum told me there were popular poodle bottle covers (almost half a century ago, because I don't remember them :) ) like that - just instead of a ball for a head you make a tube to cover the bottle. I like your poodle too :cheer

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, Apak said:

It's cute! My mum told me there were popular poodle bottle covers (almost half a century ago, because I don't remember them :) ) like that - just instead of a ball for a head you make a tube to cover the bottle. I like your poodle too :cheer

I've made dozens of those.  You need a TP tube and a Worcestershire sauce bottle.  we filled them with bath salts.  it was the beginning of my crocheted poodle fascination. :manyheart.  

Super cute idea:cheer perfect way to use up scrap yarn as well

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Jayashiangel said:

Super cute idea:cheer perfect way to use up scrap yarn as well

I agree.  if you just make the people ones you don't need the wool eating pompoms.

You piqued my interest by mentioning 'people ones' so I took a look--patterns below for those interested.  Hilarious how some amended the muppet ones to make different characters (you need to be a Ravelry member to see the projects).

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/clown-eyeglass-holder   clown

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/muppet-glasses-holder  muppet

Edited by Granny Square