Red Heart Parrot Stripe made by Crochet and Addi Knitting machine

JusOneKiss

My 12 yr old was looking at my FB pages concerning crochet and was appalled to see a bunch of women downgrading the circular knitting machines as being "useless" (we have the Addi kitting express and several other less expensive machines).  She decided to prove those people wrong.  Attached please see a blanket made with 10 tubes which are 83 rounds in length on the addi.  I slip stitched the ends of the tubes, single crocheted down each tube and the joined the tubes with a slip stitch.  The enitre blanket has 1 single crochet around it, a row of double crochet, then about 10 rows of alternating front post stitch and back post stitch.  The border helped to give the blanket some weight and kept the tubes from stretching (knitting being much more stretchy than crochet).  I told her I'd be posting this as being a "joint project" with my 12 yr old daughter being the main contribution.  This blanket is very soft and warm (thanks to the tubes providing a double knit). Thanks for looking ladies and gents and have a fabulous day.

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Edited by JusOneKiss

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Great job.

There are many things I don't enjoy using, but I've never understood telling other people why they shouldn't enjoy them.  It's one thing to have a conversation with someone contemplating starting to use something about the pros and cons of a specific machine it is another to take the joy out of those who enjoy it.

Good for your daughter for not letting others steal the joy out of something she loves and demonstrating in a meaningful way what can be done by those who know how to use a tool/machine in the way intended.  There is far too little fun to be had these days to allow others to take it away.