To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/25/2017 at 8:19 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning everyone.  Finally cool weather.  Almost time for long pants. :rofl

I put everything aside and made a cozy for our new cell phone.  Yeah, we finally got one.  The hurricane taught us that we do need one.

This was fun to make and I never did this before.  Instead of crocheting like you normally do, you crochet in between the legs of each stitch.  It made a fascinating design, besides the design in the cozy.

High Tech Cozy.JPG

That's pretty! DH has a flip phone, but after Sandy, 5 years ago, we realized at least one of us needed a smartphone!

On 10/25/2017 at 9:06 AM, ratdog said:

Made a bedside pocket for my nephew. Will add a book and flashlight.

Another gift done!

150893681566448786829.jpg

Great idea!!

Love the pouch.  That is so cool and pretty.

The tote is done and ready to go out.  Meant to come in here yesterday, but things got in the way.

Now I hope to get on to some Christmas patterns today.  I am going to try the pot holder I asked help on.  One more try till I give up.  I HATE giving up on patterns.

I think it's time we start to crochet faster and faster... :D I get excited when I think about my Advent calendars. I've got a lot done. Some ornaments just need starching. Yesterday I made 4 toad stools with thread. They are tiny and cute :)

I also finished tiny angels. I used my wooden figures. I ordered some wooden wings on the net and attached them to the angels :angel

tiny angels  1.jpg

tiny angels 2.jpg

Of course I'll show you the calendar. Well, the ornaments, because there will be no crocheted base with pockets for gifts - there will be the real fir tree to decorate :)

But if someone's interested, there is a crochet along on the net starting soon - making the Advent calendar!

I am just working on this and that...

I have my sister-in-laws Xmas gift (mini back pack) to finish, single crochet tight stitching it so hands get tired really quickly

I have a baby blanket- for something to do on the hook as well so.....

I am also planning to see if I can rid my house of some much needed de-stashing of some finished projects I am going to see about selling some for extra $$ for Xmas... Plus I am sure someone would love these baby blankets/shawls/baby dresses that are taking up 3 totes LOL ....

Mary Jo- Love the phone case..Looks hard:cheer

Apak- WOW love those tiny Angels I have trouble just with the thread LOL...I am sure this Advent Calendar will be a Huge Hit....

Hi peeps!

Mary Jo - I ADORE your decorations!!!! I do always wonder where you store everything you need to take down....:lol

On 11/4/2017 at 11:45 AM, greyhoundgrandma said:

I have a couple of things I would like to get made for Christmas presents, but I'm down to the point now that if they get finished, that's fine, if not, that's fine, too.

My attitude too - I actually feel like I'm getting burned out. I really need to learn to say NO! At least I DID say, this extra lapghan will have to wait till the new year.....

On 11/5/2017 at 8:56 AM, ratdog said:

Just need to add a border. I will keep it simple and quick!

150989019324148786829.jpg

Good job! Simple and quick is the way to go!

On 11/5/2017 at 8:58 AM, ratdog said:

Going to make two more bedside pockets for our friends two boys. I told DH it would be his responsibility to fill them.

:lol:lol

21 hours ago, Apak said:

I think it's time we start to crochet faster and faster... :D I get excited when I think about my Advent calendars. I've got a lot done. Some ornaments just need starching. Yesterday I made 4 toad stools with thread. They are tiny and cute :)

I also finished tiny angels. I used my wooden figures. I ordered some wooden wings on the net and attached them to the angels :angel

tiny angels  1.jpg

tiny angels 2.jpg

omg...so adorable!

20 hours ago, Apak said:

Of course I'll show you the calendar. Well, the ornaments, because there will be no crocheted base with pockets for gifts - there will be the real fir tree to decorate :)

But if someone's interested, there is a crochet along on the net starting soon - making the Advent calendar!

Do you have a link you can share for the  CAL?

20 hours ago, Jayashiangel said:

I am just working on this and that...

This and that sounds good!:lol

I have my sister-in-laws Xmas gift (mini back pack) to finish, single crochet tight stitching it so hands get tired really quickly I'm starting to have that problem too - which is why I will definitely have to curtail my hook time.

Soon.:lol 

I have a baby blanket- for something to do on the hook as well so.....

I am also planning to see if I can rid my house of some much needed de-stashing of some finished projects I am going to see about selling some for extra $$ for Xmas... Plus I am sure someone would love these baby blankets/shawls/baby dresses that are taking up 3 totes LOL .... Sounds like a plan!

Mary Jo- Love the phone case..Looks hard:cheer

Apak- WOW love those tiny Angels I have trouble just with the thread LOL...I am sure this Advent Calendar will be a Huge Hit....

Go, ladies, Go!:clap

Archived