To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning,

We got lucky again.  The storm came on land just below us.  We got very little wind, but lots of rain.  They were totally surprised by that storm.  I went to bed, noting, got up Tropical storm off the coast.  Now it is out to see, but we are still getting rain.

Have not been doing much, as I have been trying to pack up my stuff for the charities I have made things for.

Have a fun day.

Mary Jo, good to hear you are ok. Different part of the world, but on Tuesday night we had terrible storm too. We were in our "cottage in the forest" and my 2 nieces (4 and 5 yo) were with us - for the first time without their parents. My daughter and them were sleeping when the storm started. I was praying for them not to wake up - the noise of the hail and thunderbolts were terrible, so I knew if they woke up, they would go hysterical... But they slept like angels all the night :D

Anna those storms can scare adults let alone little ones.  Glad they slept thru it and I gather no damage was done.

Yesterday I finished a panel for a new afghan.  It is called Princesses and Villains.  I found this site that has not only graphs for c2c, but ami's also.

The panel/square that I finished is 12 x 12, so you can make a whole afghan with princesses or villains.  They also have Harry Potter and others.  It is a fascinating site.  The site is called   Two Hearts Crochet.

I hope to get a picture of the one I finished.  I am waiting for more yarn to finish the rest.

This will to go the American Legion next year.

Yes all the patterns are free and she is up to suggestions for new patterns.

Here is the first square I did.  It is 12 x 12 and they call them mini C2C.  Here is Ariel.

Ariel.JPG

Mary Jo, Ariel is gorgeous! I love the colors, too. I checked that site and joined her mailing list....I will never be bored!

Reading my selection for our book club, so temporarily set aside my hook for now. I cannot put this book down! It's a memoir called Brain on Fire. A friend passed it on to me over a year ago and I was saving it for book club. Glad I did!

I am posting this is three places as I think this way everyone will see it.  I got an answer from Terri:

Thank you for thinking of me.

A HUGE Thank you to the ladies for the blanket.  It's awesome!!

Tulsa got hit early sunday morning with an f2 tornado.  We got the rain from it.

Kids are moved in now.  Sure is nice having someone here with me at night.  That is my downfall.

I'll try and get on C'Ville this week.  Things have settled down now.

Hugs,

Terri

Good to hear from Terri! 

Mary Jo, Ariel is very pretty!

While relaxing at the seaside and watching Athletics World Championship in London, I'm producing small octopuses. They are nice "on the go" project and there are always some kids around, so I'll give the octopi to my daughter so she can give them to her new friends. Also, I've finished the coin purse. You can see it in the pic with my sunglasses case that I've posted in 'Cases and cosies' thread. There are two sides. The fish and the turtle on the coin purse are 3D :)

20170807_113410.jpg

20170807_113027.jpg

20170807_135048.jpg

20170807_112946.jpg

Doily number 2 is finished - sitting and drying after being blocked

10 hours ago, ratdog said:

Made this little walker bag for my coworker who fell and broke her kneecap. Right now she is confined to bed so i filled the bag with a crossword puzzle book, new pens and hershey kisses

15022772068722040377854.jpg

1502277246457738770681.jpg

What a "sweet" idea! You'll definitely brighten her day!

20 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I'm down to the last set of five motifs of the retro ornament throw and I'm getting really sick of doing them. I'll sure be glad to get to the joining.

Maybe if you do something like this again you can join them a bit at a time? Does the pattern you're using allow for that?

Yes I probably could have if I had made some of each of the colors instead of doing all of each color straight thru the list. Definitely something to think about if I do another one. I think the joining will go pretty quickly.

Good Morning.  Finally got my yarn yesterday, so I hope to work on my Princess afghan today.  Not sure if I will add Villains to it or not, you know like the evil queen.

Anyway, thought I would let you all know, there is a new Thank You thread up.  For some reason, we could not post to the old one.  I have not heard from Donna or Amy, so I thought I would open a new one.  So if you get anything from a FGM, you can post it there.

It has been a quite weekend.

I have finished 2 more squares.  They move pretty fast and someone told me they can also be done as regular graphs, they do not have to be C2C.

Here is Snow White and Belle.

Snow White.JPG

belle.JPG

Archived