To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

Hi everyone.  I sort of lost a week and have been trying to catch up.

Here is the new tote.  I did not have a lot of time to make extras, but I found some small things I could make.

Hope everyone is ok and having fun.  My list for this year, has gone out the window.

Have a good night.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So cute!!!   And I know about lists going out the window - every time I think I'm clear to go back to mindless crochet and use up stash I get requests from friends! I can't say no:lol

Good Morning.  I am up extra early and I hope to get a start on some things I need to make to get out in the mail.

The heat and humidity is still lingering, so yarn is out of the question, so I will make some things with crochet thread.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi peeps!

Mary Jo - I'm loving working with thread again - which is good, because I have a couple more doilies lined up...lol!

I have been working on the GSD graph ghan - I'm on row 43/150!

Super nice Fall weather the past two days:)

• 2 weeks later...

I frogged half of the GSD face I made - I needed to lighten it up some more. Back on track, but with the AC going full blast since for the past several days the 3 H's have revisited NJ, despite it being October on the calendar.

Anyone else:crocheting?

Good Morning.

I took up my knitting needles and finished my Pilgrims and turkey.  They were fun to make.  I hope to start some angels this week.

I have everything, but the turkey in a crochet pattern also.

Pilgrams (1).JPG

Hi!

2 hours ago, ratdog said:

Working on a lovey for a coworker whose son was born on Oct 9.

Almost done. I plan to finish it tonight after work.

That's a sweet gift...my son had a blanket as a baby that I finally had to hide when he was 6! ....It was disintegrating...lol!

43 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.

I took up my knitting needles and finished my Pilgrims and turkey.  They were fun to make.  I hope to start some angels this week.

I have everything, but the turkey in a crochet pattern also.

Pilgrams (1).JPG

So cute!! I haven't progressed much at all in knitting - facecloths are it so far. I need to review the basics again. It takes me a long time to get going and crocheting is so much faster, especially since I've become so popular and the list of requests has grown so much!

Love the gator woobie.  That is just adorable.

I am now into Angels, I am waiting for some (sorry) yarn to make a special gift for my BIL.  It is a deer head, that looks like it is mounted.  He is a hunter. 

I bought a kit, but it comes with Wool yarn and I can not work with that, so I had to order other yarn.

Mary Jo, your pilgrims and a turkey rules!

ratdog, the crocodile lovey is a great gift!

About the gifts - I made a gift for myself :) It's an owl cell phone case (you can see it in "Cases And Cozies" Thread).

I also ordered wooden wings for my wooden figures of angels. I crochet their outfits and I could also crochet some wings and then starched them, but as the kids are going to play with them, I don't thing such wings would last for long... So I found the wooden ones and will glue them. Pics soon :)

I also bought first Christmas crochet magazine this year and I can't wait to try some new ideas. :cheer

Anna, looking forward to pics!!

And I bought a Christmas crochet magazine last year - it gave me a lot of ideas for gifts! Have fun!

Hi again - I'm finally getting around to washing the GSD ghan. And last night I wove in all the tails I had on the baby baby ghan. Ready to make more today!

Happy hooking!

Good Morning everyone.  Finally cool weather.  Almost time for long pants. :rofl

I put everything aside and made a cozy for our new cell phone.  Yeah, we finally got one.  The hurricane taught us that we do need one.

This was fun to make and I never did this before.  Instead of crocheting like you normally do, you crochet in between the legs of each stitch.  It made a fascinating design, besides the design in the cozy.

High Tech Cozy.JPG

Archived