To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

We lucked out. Only one really bad rain caught us.

Rode both avatar rides

Had breakfast and dinner at Be Our Guest restaurant in Beast's castle.

It was a good time and after 20 years here yes, i can handle the heat.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning peeps.

I'm working on the edging round on the RR....and I have a big novel waiting for me as a reward! 

Have a good day ladies!

Thanks, Mary Jo and Mona! I loved working with those colors. My friend chose the pattern from seeing others on my blog and then chose the colors.

Happy hooking!!

Good Morning everyone.

Hot and humid today, what else is new.

I am going to start laying out the squares today.  I can't wait to see how they are going to look.  I have about 3 more I am waiting for.

Have a great Sunday and be safe.

This picture is what sorting and organizing all my yarn/craft stuff looked like that was in my living room  with my mom's help I didn't tell her I have a box a guy from work gave me a week ago in my shed (it is is a huge box)

Thought you guys my like to see this process just something different to see....excuse the large size pictures....

59591a15c57b0_20170701_SortingYarnStuff.jpg.36c84d0e2a320ba55ee7c083a55881eb.jpg

Picture 2 is sorted boxes of just scrap yarn floor to about 4 feet high of these type of boxes moved into my bedroom from the living room all nice and sorted...oh and labeled my mom is a label freak..there is about 15 of these since I have lots of scraps

59591a91bfc19_20170702_BrownYarnBoxes.thumb.jpg.ce664fbd7e24c295ba420d704e385590.jpg

These white boxes have some scrap yarn as well as  full ball of cotton yarn----full smaller size skeins of yarn (like Vanna's choice) and all my baby yarn....

59591b54848c3_20170702_ScrapyarnWhiteBoxes.thumb.jpg.977383d990565b540bc97f28fb7c0e99.jpg

And last but not least my major cabinet redone again with larger skeins it's overly stuffed... plus one row of stuffing (fiber fill ) assuming about 100 plus skeins are hiding in there....(50 skeins of Red heart  per row....)

59591c29d3bf8_20170702_YarnCabient.thumb.jpg.3650e1dc95af7d622b2601704d4d3295.jpg

Mary Jo - can hardly wait to see what arrangement you come up with for the squares! Terri will love it, I know.

Jay - my yarn barf wasn't nearly as bad as yours when I cleaned out my yarn closet! But your mom is AMAZING! She could get paid to do this!

Hey buys! All the projects look great! Just thought I'd pop in and see what's new! I lost motivation when school life got busy. Now I'm in summer mode and I have to make a baby blanket for a new nephew coming next month! 

I hope you are all well!

Haven't decided yet. Found one called loopy love on Ravelry. I'm going to make a swatch and see if it passes approval. I let DH have an opinion on gifts from both of us. He even helped pick out the yarn!

On 7/4/2017 at 0:32 AM, Charis said:

Haven't decided yet. Found one called loopy love on Ravelry. I'm going to make a swatch and see if it passes approval. I let DH have an opinion on gifts from both of us. He even helped pick out the yarn!

I do the same thing - DH has lots of input!

Sorry have not been one.  Love the tails and the children are adorable.

Jay, I do not feel bad about my craft room.  I have boxes around the room.  I need to re arrange the boxes.

Going to be sewing the afghan together today, and hope to start the edging.

Have a great day.

Hi, peeps!

A friend asked me to make her some doilies to replace 4 she has on her furniture - keeping things from sliding on or scratching wood surfaces. So of course I said yes. She had admired a doily on my table, one I made many years ago....flattery will get you everywhere...lol!

3 will be the same pattern, and one will be a pattern from a Patricia K book, because we wanted a bigger doily. I already started one and I love the predictability and symmetry of doily patterns.

How's everyone else doing on gifts??

Mary Jo - you are a fast worker! Love how it all looks - Terri is going to be so touched by all the love these gifts represent.

Here is the butterflies basket for my friend's wedding :manyheart

Now I'm back to my advent calendar ideas. I've made some new thread hearts and now making a snowflake from Betty Hechtman's book.

20170714_211624.jpg

Cute butterflies!

Yesterday I started on the RH retro ornament throw. It's 84 motifs crocheted into 12 columns. I've promised myself that I will weave in the ends as I finish each motif. I hope the motifs don't drive me crazy before they're done. At least it's a good project for this heat.

Anna, that basket is just beautiful.  I always love the butterfly baskets.

Working on the new tote.  I just finished a doll, hopefully when I get the last piece tomorrow, I will be able to get some pictures.

3 hours ago, Apak said:

Here is the butterflies basket for my friend's wedding :manyheart

Now I'm back to my advent calendar ideas. I've made some new thread hearts and now making a snowflake from Betty Hechtman's book.

20170714_211624.jpg

:drool

Archived