What Afghan are you Working on Right Now?

LullabyMelodia

Hi everyone.

Right now I am working on a blanket inspired from The Gilmore Girls.

post-78542-0-11567200-1478022501_thumb.jpg

I am using the Willow pattern by Jan Eaton to make my blanket.  I only need to make a few more squares.  Then just the joining and border to go...

post-78542-0-46923300-1478022622_thumb.jpg

What blankets are you working on?  I would love to see some photos...

Catherine

x

Catherine; Your Willow squares are beautiful. And one of my fave colors. I too have that square for afghans on my Crochet Bucket List.

I started the Sand and Sea Afghan by Dorris Brooks a few weeks ago and using her same color scheme. Unfortunately, I had to set it aside after the first stripe to work on Halloween paintings, and now, Christmas gifts need to be started. I'm going to try to add a few rows every day in spite of a busy gift making schedule.

Can't wait to see what everyone else is working on.

That is a beautiful afghan.

I like those squares you made. You do  very nice  crochet work:). Are you going to block those squares before you join them?. Some people block them and others do not. Yours look great the way they are:).

Krys

Thank you for your kind comments Krys.  I don't usually block blanket squares unless they are very lacy... I join first and when the blanket if finished I give it a blast from the steam iron to loosen up the stitches.  I don't touch the fabric with the iron just hover over it with the steam on.  This is a really quick way to block things and works really well on acrylic.  It drys almost instantly too.

My DD and I are working a few project together since the edging is not my thing or are booties since I can't seem to make 2 things the same size must be a gauge thing....

We have an order from someone at my work for 2 Ribbon baby blankets-2 baby hats to match and 2 sets of booties...

Current status on blanket is almost done she is doing the edging & then second is on my hook working as fast as I can...

Plan for the weekend is to make 2 hats while I am at work on Sat & Sunday...

Here is the link to the blanket https://www.madhooker.com/granny-square-and-ribbon-baby-blanket-set/

My DD and I are working a few project together since the edging is not my thing or are booties since I can't seem to make 2 things the same size must be a gauge thing....

We have an order from someone at my work for 2 Ribbon baby blankets-2 baby hats to match and 2 sets of booties...

Current status on blanket is almost done she is doing the edging & then second is on my hook working as fast as I can...

Plan for the weekend is to make 2 hats while I am at work on Sat & Sunday...

Here is the link to the blanket https://www.madhooker.com/granny-square-and-ribbon-baby-blanket-set/

Pretty pattern, are you doing your blankets in the same colour way?

Thank you for your kind comments Krys.  I don't usually block blanket squares unless they are very lacy... I join first and when the blanket if finished I give it a blast from the steam iron to loosen up the stitches.  I don't touch the fabric with the iron just hover over it with the steam on.  This is a really quick way to block things and works really well on acrylic.  It drys almost instantly too.

You are  welcome Catherine. I never used steam on my crochet work. I will try that with my new steam iron  I just bought, it is still in a box. I got that iron because it is different. It dos not have a cord, just a base to put on for few seconds or so. I probably should take that out and see if that works? LOL.  

How long you been crocheting?. I am asking because your work looks really nice.

My daughter name is same as yours, I call her Kathy:).

Krys

I'm working on recovering my spare bedroom from my yarn piles so I decided on some scrapghans for my niece's children for Christmas this year.  I have the granny stripe and the granny rectangle finished.  I'm working on a single granny square pattern and a granny ripple for her oldest daughter.  Then I'm going to move on to looming hats to donate to local drives.

The Sand and Sea Afghan looks really pretty.  Can't wait to see yours when it's finished.

I agree on the prettiness of the afghan. I probably won't get back to it untila fter Christmas though.

I have the yarn and will be starting this graph this weekend. I had it personalized to my brother and sister in laws names as well as their wedding date, October 15, 2016. Hoping to have it done by Christmas but we shall see! http://onestophookershop.com. picture attached.

attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1478268219444.jpg

This will look fabulous.  Hope you get it done in time.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been away from crocheting for a few months, so I'm working on a simple baby afghan.  It's in Crochet Baby Afghans By the Pound from Leisure Arts.  It's simple because it's 1 pounder, so no switching skeins.  Here's the link to the book, but it doesn't show the one I'm doing ....

https://www.amazon.com/Crochet-Afghans-Pound-Creative-Partners-ebook/dp/B00INFNJPM/ref=sr_1_20?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1480197838&sr=1-20&keywords=crochet+baby+afghan+leisure+arts

I've been away from crocheting for a few months, so I'm working on a simple baby afghan.  It's in Crochet Baby Afghans By the Pound from Leisure Arts.  It's simple because it's 1 pounder, so no switching skeins.  Here's the link to the book, but it doesn't show the one I'm doing ....

https://www.amazon.com/Crochet-Afghans-Pound-Creative-Partners-ebook/dp/B00INFNJPM/ref=sr_1_20?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1480197838&sr=1-20&keywords=crochet+baby+afghan+leisure+arts

Hi Sharon- Glad your back on here and hope you are well. I love your idea of simple on the baby blanket. I look forward to seeing it when completed.

HI Reni!  Thanks!  It's good to see you and be back here, too!  :)

It's going a bit slow.  A couple of months ago I could whip through a pounder in a few days.  I'm going on a week working on it and am only halfway.  LOL  It'll get done when it gets done.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived