Wedding Bauble Graphghan

redrosesdz

I've been thinking about doing something from a graph for a while.  An opportunity came up to make one of Nancy Liggins' designs from her ravelry store.  This one is called "Joined Wedding Rings."  Some of the words got cut off in the pic.  It says ...

Two Hearts

Once Joined

In

Friendship

United Now

With Love

Those that followed the Olympic CAL a couple of weeks ago will remember me shouting out row counts!  It was a bit on the tedious side.  LOL  I added the small bauble edging to Nancy's design that you see in the 2nd pic.

post-57407-0-80050100-1472582620_thumb.jpg  post-57407-0-84214500-1472582635_thumb.jpg

My grandson's mom is giving this as a wedding present in a couple of weeks.  I don't know the couple at all.  I sure hope it gets used and not put in the back of a closet.  It's a bit heavy (5 ilbs.), but fits in a standard washer/dryer.

Thanks! You should make it. I really love how it turned out. It's not hard. The hardest part is counting and boredom. But, it's worth it. I love all of her designs.

I think I have a couple of her patterns!! I think I will probably make it, but the good question will be WHAT color!! Their wedding colors are burgandy and champagne, so I'm thinking the lighter of the 2. How much yarn did you personally use?

Nancy has graphgans in different sizes.  For this one, it calls for just over 1,300 yds., using a G hook and WW acrylic yarn.  I went up a hook size and used a 7 hook, because I tend to crochet tight and don't like using a G with WW yarn.  So, I used slightly more than 1,300 yds.  It is 10.5 skeins of RHSS and the color is Aran.  I priced RH's huge skeins, Caron Pounders, Bernat's big skein, and JoAnn's, Michael's, AC Moore's brands of big skeins.  With 50-60% coupons, it was cheapest to go with RHSS for me.  I spent a little over $15 in yarn.  Price was important, because I never charge for my time and she didn't have a lot of money to spend.

I recommend the lighter, more neutral color.  It will match more things in their home.  Burgundy might get put in a closet and not used as much.

Nancy has graphgans in different sizes.  For this one, it calls for just over 1,300 yds., using a G hook and WW acrylic yarn.  I went up a hook size and used a 7 hook, because I tend to crochet tight and don't like using a G with WW yarn.  So, I used slightly more than 1,300 yds.  It is 10.5 skeins of RHSS and the color is Aran.  I priced RH's huge skeins, Caron Pounders, Bernat's big skein, and JoAnn's, Michael's, AC Moore's brands of big skeins.  With 50-60% coupons, it was cheapest to go with RHSS for me.  I spent a little over $15 in yarn.  Price was important, because I never charge for my time and she didn't have a lot of money to spend.

I recommend the lighter, more neutral color.  It will match more things in their home.  Burgundy might get put in a closet and not used as much.

Fantastic!! Thank you :) There goes my stashbusting score when I buy THAT yarn lol. I definitely think I'll go with a pretty champagne color.

That is gorgeous!  I looked at her patterns when you posted it in the Olympic thread.  She has so many to pick from that I couldn't decide!  I'm working on something similar right now but with squares that are joined.  I hope to use it for a Christmas gift but it seems to be taking me forever!  What a beautiful gift yours will be and I'm sure they will treasure it!

:cheer   :yay:woo  She crosses the finish line!  

That came out so nice, I'm sure they'll love it.  I agree with you, I never understood wanting to make things in 'wedding colors' unless their house decor was burgundy, maybe, but even then, decor tastes change over the years.  I have even done off-white for baby blankets, figuring it could be recycled to a stadium or picnic blanket or whatever....

Archived