Ice MAM Afghan

redrosesdz

Christmas present #1 is done!  I'm calling this my ice afghan, because to me the pattern looks like ice or snow that has spread.  This was a fun, but challenging afghan.  One more afghan and a few smaller things to go ... less than 20 days.  Yikes!!

I'm really upset with my pictures for this afghan.  I used the colors from the pattern and they are striking.  The variegated is actually a really pretty deep plum and the blue is actually very bright.

post-57407-0-51316100-1449493402_thumb.jpg

post-57407-0-60531300-1449493439_thumb.jpg   post-57407-0-01663900-1449493460_thumb.jpg

I love the pattern is very intriguing. The colors are perfect.

Thank you both!  The pattern is #7 in my favorite MAM book.  I've made 5 afghans from this book and am working on my 6th.  I think I've gotten my money's worth out of it!  LOL

I looked on ravelry and someone else did one that is closer to the same colors that I did.  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/afghan-strip-07

It's so much prettier when you can see the actual colors.  :D

Very pretty afghan. You did a great job on it and the recipient is sure to thoroughly enjoy it for a long time to come.  I would have never guessed this was a MAM if I had not seen the border areas in the Ravelry link.

I see what you mean about the colors- Changes it completely. You could try a photo outside in natural light- morning or late afternoon. I always find taking them outside helps. If it's too bright of a day, I take them in the shade.

That is beautiful, it does look like ice!  

I agree on the grr factor of getting the photo colors right, I've had something elephant grey come out baby pink, royal blue come out charcoal grey - huh?  But everything in the background comes out perfectly.  Go figure.

Archived