Thread Angel and Cross

ReniC

I meant to post these the other day as I said I would but got the Mother of all Migraines for 3 days. Much better now.

I rev-engineered the angel from a older photo and the Lace Cross was from Maggie's Crochet. Both made in one evening- so simple and quick, then, stiffened them on Monday night. And added the little Irish roses with satin buds in the middles. A little bigger than I wanted for the angel but, worked out great.

They are on their way in a big jet to my middle daughter for her birthday this weekend.

post-17452-0-19770500-1448475173_thumb.jpg

RecycleCindy, on 27 Nov 2015 - 8:24 PM, said:RecycleCindy, on 27 Nov 2015 - 8:24 PM, said:

Beautiful and I love angels and crosses. Did you use starch on them? If so what did you use.

Hi Cindy- I love thread angel and cross ornaments and snowflakes too. Usually I use Elmer's glue and water (half and half). This time I used Mod-Podge matt. Poured in a zip lock bag, pressed in paper towels, then pinned to my blocking board. It dried twice as fast as the Elmer's mix and didn't leave as much flakiness either. And stiffer too. It would be too stiff for a doily though. I always layer spray starch on doilies.

My daughter received her cross and angel for her birthday and was thrilled with them. She put them on one of her Christmas trees, the "white" one. She loves Christmas and always has gone all out on decorations. So, this year she has 3 trees, one for each of her little grand daughters. So ambitious.

Hope they are clear enough. They are towards the top part of the tree.

post-17452-0-95282700-1448742878_thumb.jpg

Archived