Sophie's Universe CAL 2015

VikingRunnerGirl

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I have no business planning another stinking project, but I just can't stand myself thinking about this one! It's going to be a while till I can start, but I'm trying to figure out my colors... That is THE HARDEST part for me, especially needing so many.  :sweat

I've been really tempted by this one, too. The many different colors are so pretty, but Holly's looks great in the more coordinated colors, too. I think that is probably the route I will take if/when I get around to it.

These are all so pretty and I've printed out all the instructions and have them in a file folder.  I seen a post somewhere (maybe her blog) of someone doing this in a solid off white color and it was AMAZING!  It REALLY made the stitches pop....as much as I love all the beautiful colors, when I try this, I think I'm doing a solid color.

I was just looking through the cal parts. Blocking it seemed to be suggested a number of times. Is it really necessary for it to look good? I hate blocking, especially something this big.

I was just looking through the cal parts. Blocking it seemed to be suggested a number of times. Is it really necessary for it to look good? I hate blocking, especially something this big.

Hmmm, I hope not. I'm not keen on blocking either. I usually just try to power through those times! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Holly, your colors are beautiful together.

VikingRunnerGirl, mine is made from stash, so it has a pretty loose color scheme. Sherbet looking actually defines it pretty well. I've seen a few made in a single color that look really spectacular. All the texture in the afghan really stands out in those.

I haven't worked on mine in several weeks. Hope I can remember where I was in the pattern!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived