Anyone here with a "Sweet Tooth"?:)

USpolishgirl

I call that "My Pastries". I think my daughter she still keeps that on her desk at work. She had a lot of fun with that. Many of those policeman's thought that was real. And sure as heck they were ready to grab one or two LOL. She works for a Police station in office.

If any one would like to know how to make realistic  looking "sprinkles", scroll down to post  #12.

Krys

PS: Later I did added to that platter couple cupcakes. Forgot to take a picture of that before I sent that to her:(.

post-73590-0-51384600-1424488221_thumb.jpg

post-73590-0-37766300-1424488259_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much! :)

That can be a very nice home decoration for a kitchen or dining room. I just thought that I should crochet some of that for me. I have that glass "cake stand" on pedestal with dome glass cover. Right now that thing is just sitting empty on my dining room on the table. Would look a lot better with some of those "pastries" in it LOL

Krys

Thank you very much everyone! :)

I will let you on my little "secret":).  How I made those sprinkles on those donuts. I seen some of those on Internet made with bead's,  bugle beads. That dos not look real, specially from close-up.

Those chocolate sprinkles I made them with embroidery thread. Mostly french-knots, bigger & smaller one, two or few group together. 

The other donuts with colorful sprinkles. I made them out of yarn. First I cut out about one yard or so out of each color. Than I mixed glue ( that one what dry's clear) with water in a bowl. Soak each piece of yarn in that and squeezed all that glue out between my fingers and hang that to dry.Than cut out little pieces (size of real sprinkles). That was when that time consuming part began..With tweezers one by one I would deep only the bottom of each "sprinkle" in a glue (I did not wanted to have to much visible glue on that) and place that on that "frosting". Yes, that was a "crazy job"! :), very time consuming...so were those little chocolate French-knots.

I did not wanted to cut that yarn to those little pieces before I soaked them in that glue & water mix because I knew that those ends will start unrewaling before I would glue them to that "frosting". Anyway, that was my first try out with that glue & yarn. I did not even knew how that yarn will look after dipping in glue & drying. I was just "testing"! LOL. That turn out very well. Even from close-up many people just needed to touch that with there fingers and then the question was: "how did she done that ?". "She" they meant me. From close-up those "sprinkles" they do not look or feel like yarn. They are hard like real sprinkles.

Probably the easiest way to do some yarn "sprinkles" it would be just to take a piece of yarn and stitch that up & down on that "frosting". But that would not look real at all, there would be no visible ends on each "sprinkle".

Happy crocheting:)

Krys

• 2 weeks later...

Archived