DONE! Life's Work

wolfse

Whew!!!

2 years of work including the design of the pattern, several stretches of crochet doldrums, and arguing with two cats over who gets to have dibs over the various lengths of yarn.......

Finished. -- Now, packaging.  What do you think?  A big box?  A GIANT gift bag?  (It's too big to fit into a paperbox, I've already measured)  Currently, it's living in a slightly square laundry basket to protect it from kitten claws and teeth.

I debated about the border, and ended up just going with two rounds of hdc.  The pattern is detailed enough, I figured the border needed to be low-key.  Plus, the recipient isn't in to frills and such, so plain is best.

Now.......on to a jacob's ladder doll blanket for my niece, and a sweater coat for the other niece.

Other projects finished for the "fam" this christmas:

Mahjong coasters for mom;

no sew blanket for my aunt (a Kansas State grad) -- found KState fleece on sale at my local hobby shop..... for no apparent reason they carried it.  The lady at the fabric counter quizzed me to see if I was "worthy" to purchase it since we're in a college town that's NOT K State.  When I told her that I was a baby Jayhawk (MANY years ago), she approved the purchase.  lol

post-69421-0-56209600-1416363596_thumb.jpg

That is one beautiful piece of work.  The person who gets this, is going to love it.  The border you picked is beautiful. 

You may have to fold it up and measure it, to see what size box or bag you need.  I would not put it in a bag, afraid it will tear.  You might have to do what I did when I shipped an afghan, was go to an Office deport or Staples and buy a special size box.

• 3 weeks later...

She loved it!

Warm, big enough for a bed, the right images.....and no holes for her toes to poke through.

Yay!

It is the project that I'm the most proud of.......and it turned out great.

Thanks for all of the compliments.

Archived