Slippers

ReniC

Since the weather has turned cooler I decided to make 4 pair of slippers for 3 generations of my gals in Nor Cali. One pair each for a DD, GD, 2 grt GD's.

Taupe -DD, Aqua w/flower- GD, pink & white ballet- grt GD1, Owl booties- grt GD2--. They were fun to make and when my DD received them she requested another pair for herself. Yay! They like them.

post-17452-0-62842800-1414478502_thumb.jpg

post-17452-0-14747300-1414478617_thumb.jpg

post-17452-0-46758400-1414478625_thumb.jpg

post-17452-0-58948600-1414478636_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for the compliments. A pat on the back always makes one feel great.

I made the owl booties as I went along measuring for a 2 year old. The owl itself I whip stitched on. The pattern is from a square I came across at Petals To Picots from a guest poster- Repeat Crafter Me.

I crocheted only the first 4 rows, eliminated the outer rounds of the square then added the beak and claws and it worked perfectly.

I used to make a lot of slippers for my family members that looked pretty much like your taupe slippers. They always loved these slippers. One of my sisters used to "borrow" her older kid's slippers, on top of having her own. I never knew it for years, until 1 of the kids squealed on her!

Yours are lovely, and I'll bet they all adore their slippers!

Sometimes people make fun of us, making something like our own slippers, but I've never had anyone turn down a pair. I'll bet you haven't either!

Thank you for the compliment and in case you want the pattern for the taupe pair it's originally from Annie's Attic and offered at their affiliate on Free-Crochet.com: Pretty Pleats.

I made this particular pair out of Lion Brand Vanna's Choice and the pattern is very quick and easy.

People can make fun of us all they want. I don't mind being called an old lady just because I crochet- I am an old lady!  And I'm another that crochet saves my sanity.

Funny about your sis borrowing the kids slippers. My girls used to do the same when they couldn't find theirs. I'm asked for slippers about once a year, so, I thought I would beat all of them this year and just make them at my leisure. They make great holiday gifts.

I've only been turned down once and that was by my snobbish niece. When her girls wore theirs out, she asked me for more for them and, "if I didn't mind, maybe a pair for her". Cracked me up!

I used to make a lot of slippers for my family members that looked pretty much like your taupe slippers. They always loved these slippers. One of my sisters used to "borrow" her older kid's slippers, on top of having her own. I never knew it for years, until 1 of the kids squealed on her!

Yours are lovely, and I'll bet they all adore their slippers!

Sometimes people make fun of us, making something like our own slippers, but I've never had anyone turn down a pair. I'll bet you haven't either!

Thank you---- and Go for it! I am making more. Mostly for therapy. Sure helps.

I think I'll make a bunch, tag them with the size on each  and put them in the "Made" stash box. I always need extra gifts at Christmas when I least expect it. Have fun and share when you're finished.

Beautiful slippers! It's just the nudge I needed to make some for me :)

I'm not really sure what you mean by "blanket yarn". Can you give a brand example ? Sounds interesting to me.

Has anyone made slippers from blanket yarn?I have made about 15pair some I donated and some went to my family. They are toasty warm

• 2 weeks later...

Archived