Ziploc Big Bags - XL & XXL

Watching TV and saw a commercial for Ziploc 'Big Bags' - XL & XXL!!!! Has anyone used them? I'm so excited (strange, I know)! Gotta go on the hunt now...I think this would really help me to 'hide' my yarn from DH store my stash...:lol

Oh, you can read about them here.

I just put all of my natural fibers in them. After reading about moths here, I froze, then re-froze all of my yarn and put it all directly into the big bags. They worked great! I was able to fit a TON into the smaller size (XL) - about 6 8oz skeins of Fisherman's wool filled one about 1/3 full.

That's also the first thing I thought of was yarn storage. For some odd reason my husband thought they would be a great place to store his Hunting Clothes after washing them with unscented hunters clothes wash. MEN!:D

I have been using them for over a year now.. My mom had given me some from her quilting group last summer. They just started selling them here in Virginia.. The ones that my mom gave me are for 2.5 gallon..

They also make gallon and gallon half sizes too..

I had just recently found the 2.5 gal bags at Walmart and grabbed a box immediately. I've been using the smaller ones for transporting my current WIPs for some time now, but they weren't big enough for the larger projects. I definitely want to get the larger ones so I can start moving my stash out of the Walmart/Hobby Lobby/JoAnns/etc bags they have been kept stored in. I'll have to buy them a few boxes at a time until I can get it all done, will probably be (eventually) sinking a small fortune in the things! :lol

I love these bags because you can squeeze the air out of them as you zip them shut, making for more compact storage, plus you can see the contents easily. Definitely much better than the previous storage "solution."

Thanks for the heads-up! :yay

These aren't the 2 1/2 gal ones - the XL are 2 feet by 1.7 feet, and the XXL are 2 feet by 2.7 feet. Neither box lists what the gallons are, but I've got probably 48 skiens in the XXL already, and the XL is holding 2 afghans :-) Plus, they have handles built in them.

I'm already a ziploc for yarn fan :-)

The minute I saw them, I knew I needed them for yarn & wips. I haven't been able to find them yet.

Alosha

FOUND THEM!!!!! Bought a box of each today at Target! So very, very happy!! Came home and put the XL to good use right away. Didn't count how many skeins I was able to fit in 1 but it was a lot -- and since they are see-thru, I no longer have to guess or open a bag to see the contents!

Oh HAPPY DAY (it's the small things in life that make me happy).

Well, guess I'm off to Target! I have been looking for something like these for scrumbles, different sizes of charity squares,etc. They had to have had crocheters/knitters in mind when they came up with these, lol

Alosha

These aren't the 2 1/2 gal ones - the XL are 2 feet by 1.7 feet, and the XXL are 2 feet by 2.7 feet. Neither box lists what the gallons are, but I've got probably 48 skiens in the XXL already, and the XL is holding 2 afghans :-) Plus, they have handles built in them.

Oh, I do realize that - and am definitely planning to get 'em. You haven't seen my stash, lol! :devil

I like the 2.5 gal ones for transporting my larger WIPs, as well as for smaller amounts of my stash. I'd like to aim for some kind of yarn organization. I'm going to need about a truckload of all of them, though!

I'm thinking I may have seen those larger ones at WalMart, will have to look again next time I'm there.

I have all my stash in the biggest ones..... Got them in May and put all my yarn in them. The Rubbermaid boxes were taking up toooooo much room. They hold a lot of yarn and if you lay on them when you seal them you can get most of the air out....:^))

I lLOVE!!!! them! I found some a couple years ago at Big Lots and used them in the closet for hats,gloves and scarves and toys. But since our move I've been keeping finished items for the craft shows in them. These are the greatest!:clap

I have hunted and hunted, but our commissary just doesn't carry these =( Sounds like I am gonna have to request them for Christmas from all my friends rofl. How many come in a box? *planning*

s.gif

bullet_w_gray.gifXtra Large

2ft x 1.7ft, 4 per box

s.gifbullet_w_gray.gifXXtra Large

2ft x 2.7ft, 3 per box

Once you put your stash in the bags, how are you going to store the bags? I have big rubbermaid totes that I have stacked up in my guest room full of yarn. I wonder if the handles are strong enough to put over a clothing hanger and hang in the closet?

Holy cow, you mean they come even bigger than the ones I got yesterday? *thud*!

I got a four pack and had to open them immediately. I have been using the 2 gallon hefty one-zips for shipping blankets to hospitals to keep them clean after washing so they can give them right to the kids. Hospitals love it.

Now there is no blankie I can't bag! WOO HOO! They are a little pricey, almost 6.00 per box but they are AMAZING. Woo hoo!!!

I gotta get me some of these! :eek

Archived