Hello another newbie here from CA

Silverfairy2

Hello,

My name is Molly and I am new to both crocheting and to this group. I have been crocheting slowly for the last 2 months. There was a class being taught at my local library, but the library what shut down due to mold in the walls just as I was getting the hang of the basic granny square. Needless to say, I am stuck making basic granny squares since I require watching someone actually making the stitch to get the hang of it! I am hoping that I can teach myself how to do something different since I have a short attention span and get bored easily!!!

I am 34 years old and the mother of three children ages 9, 4 and 9 months and expecting my fourth child February 6th. I am very terrified and very excited to see how to handle all of these children in a few months. It should be a very interesting few years.

I started crocheting since I need to create something and feel good about myself. I also make jams and jellies and chocolate covered foods for the holidays. I like to bake and make people happy with my handmade goodies.

I am looking for a mentor or two. Someone who can find some time to instruct me via the internet if possible. Any basic help for this novice would be appreciated :) .

I look forward to meeting more of you and finding out all about this forum.

Shalom,

Molly

Hi, Molly !

I taught myself to learn crochet by reading a lot on this really good forum:hook To see how the stitches are actually done I used :

http://www.stitchguide.com/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/search.pl?q=crochet&x=19&y=10

It helped me alot:)

You get to see small video clips of the making of the actual stitch:hook

Warm welcome to you from Norway:hug

Hi and welcome from northern CA! :waving I learned how to crochet with granny squares. It's a great place to start! You've come to the right place for lots of inspiration and good help from good people! :)

Hi Molly :cheer and welcome to Crochetville from Buenos Aires, Argentina! You'll like it here! You tell you are crocheting granny squares. If you want, visit my blog and check out the amazing granny square afghan a German friend made for me! :)

Archived