Feb 2014 CAL: Amy Cardigan by Jenny King (official)

Amy

After you do the last shell (#9) in the last stitch of row 30 you have to chain 7.  Doing a shell in the 6th chain from the hook will give you shell #10 .... you continue in that row which is 31 working one shell in each 2ch space like you have been (9+1=10).  Maybe it's the fact that they don't mention "turn" that is confusing you.

Does that help?

Yes!  I will try it out tonight.  thank you!

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK here it is.  Unblocked ...... I don't think it needs to be but might do it anyway to set the stitches and finally cut off the weave in ends.  I shortened the sleeves to just 2 rows.  I tried the 9 rows and it just looked weird on me.  

attachicon.gifDSC04680.JPG

Pretty!  I finished mine too... but I'm thinking of shortening the sleeves... to maybe 6 rows.  

Pretty!  I finished mine too... but I'm thinking of shortening the sleeves... to maybe 6 rows.  

Yep, did the nine rows tried it on and started frogging.  Got down to two.  Figured 2 would also match the all around edging.  It looks better.

So here are pics of my very first garment...  

I did make some changes to the sleeves, since I needed only "9 loops".  I'm quite short, only 4' 9".  I didn't like the look, when I started with 9 loops... it looked like it had big holes in the sleeves.  

So I started using 16 loops and decreased to 9 over the first 3 rows... or I guess it's actually 6 rows.  I think the sleeves are a little bit long, so I'm thinking of taking out some rows until I like the look... maybe 3/4 length.  

post-70527-0-22110300-1393949314_thumb.jpg

post-70527-0-48034500-1393949863_thumb.jpg

JourneyGal that is just gorgeous!  Hope mine comes out as nice.  I am still working on the second front panel.  I had to take it all apart last night and start over...it was NOT working out right.  I think I may need everyone's help when it comes to the sleeves.  It's not really making sense to me but I hope when I get that far along the light bulb will click on! 

It's okay, Deena, I had never heard of it either, but figured by the way it was being used that it meant ripping out stitches - just couldn't figure out why. *I thought it might be an acronym for F*ing Ripping Out....but couldn't figure out the g.  So I finally googled it to find out what is was - I wasn't brave enough to just ask.  And for the record I live in a metro area and belong to the CGOA and the local chapter.

So here are pics of my very first garment...  

I did make some changes to the sleeves, since I needed only "9 loops".  I'm quite short, only 4' 9".  I didn't like the look, when I started with 9 loops... it looked like it had big holes in the sleeves.  

So I started using 16 loops and decreased to 9 over the first 3 rows... or I guess it's actually 6 rows.  I think the sleeves are a little bit long, so I'm thinking of taking out some rows until I like the look... maybe 3/4 length.  

Very nice, I love that color.

I'm asking for trouble but what is cgoa please and thank u. I'm the queen of frogging now that I know what it is...I pull out some much when I 1st start something new I some times have to cut that piece off and try not to wear out that new section if yarn

Crochet Guild of America

CGOA is the Crochet Guild of America.  2x a year they have a Crochet show (that is paired up with the Knitting Guild of America) where there is lots of really cool classes, shopping, etc. Check out the website at: http://www.crochet.org/default.asp  also, there are local chapters across the country.  The local chapter in the Twin Cities, MN meets monthly with most meetings having a focus on technique or other aspect of fiber arts, plus additional informal meet-ups and outings.

I'm asking for trouble but what is cgoa please and thank u. I'm the queen of frogging now that I know what it is...I pull out some much when I 1st start something new I some times have to cut that piece off and try not to wear out that new section if yarn

CGOA is the Crochet Guild of America.  2x a year they have a Crochet show (that is paired up with the Knitting Guild of America) where there is lots of really cool classes, shopping, etc. Check out the website at: http://www.crochet.org/default.asp  also, there are local chapters across the country.  The local chapter in the Twin Cities, MN meets monthly with most meetings having a focus on technique or other aspect of fiber arts, plus additional informal meet-ups and outings.

I have to say that I'd give you some pretty stiff competition for the Queen of Frogging title Deena!  By the way, I didn't know what it was either.

I also didn't know about the CGOA, so I'm really glad you asked.  I checked out the link and found that the Crochet show is a little over an hour from my house.  I'm definitely going to check that out.  

I'm so far behind, I'm just getting back to it, had to make a hoodie (crocheted scarf and hoodie mixed) for one of the grand kids.

So I'm on the 1st section on the back I've done the 30 rows with all the increases....now it says for me to turn correct and chain seven and do a shell in the 6th ----wait a min it helps to write it out I think I see my mistake......I skipped 6 shells, but it says 6 chains.

Deena I'm not that much farther along.  I just started the front so don't feel bad.  Wanted to mention that Amy posted on FB that she had to take her Mom back to the hospital.  We need to keep them in our prayers ladies. 

I'm so far behind, I'm just getting back to it, had to make a hoodie (crocheted scarf and hoodie mixed) for one of the grand kids.

So I'm on the 1st section on the back I've done the 30 rows with all the increases....now it says for me to turn correct and chain seven and do a shell in the 6th ----wait a min it helps to write it out I think I see my mistake......I skipped 6 shells, but it says 6 chains.

I'm right there with ya. I am on row 35 on the back. It is boring doing all the shells that I cannot do more than 1-2 rows at a time and I am bored. Someday I'll finish :)

Archived