Hello from KS, AK, and Kuwait

Feywalker

Hi all :waving

I forgot to come over and introduce myself. I call KS home, I'm stationed in AK and currenly deployed to Kuwait :hot . (If you haven't guessed, I'm a soldier in the US Army). Crocheting is my sanity here. My mom taught me how when I was little. She is my crochet idol :nworthy ! She made a filet crochet table coth out of thread for a 100ft table once. Very cool. Well, it's nice to meet you all.

:cat Kassi

Hi Kassi!

I am from Kansas too! Welcome to Crochetville and thank you so much for what you are doing for our nation. Be safe and God bless!

Jennifer :hook

Hey Kassi,

welcome from North Texas!!! My Dad was over there in Kuwait for a year, he got back in March. Thanks for being a soldier and being brave!! We pray for y'all all of the time. I get sick everytime i think of what you are going through, and just pray for a quick and safe return for all of our guys and girls over there!!! Do you have access to a lot of yarn/patterns/hooks?? Let us know, I bet we can hook you up if you run out!!!!

God bless you!!

Jenny

Welcome ! You'll love it here..... And thank you so much for being in the army. I grew up around the military and I work for it (the military wouldn't take me). I know how much it take for you to do what you do. And, I am thankful that there are so many wonderful people out there who are willing to step up and join the military.

Charlene,

Right now I'm working on a hooded scarf in mohair (what a pain) for when we go back to the cold of Alaska in a few months. Lucky for me Knitting warehouse delivers out here so I get my yarn fix. My husband is so very understanding about all the yarn I buy. I use the internet to get my patterns. Isn't it a wonderful thing!?:clap Hubby mine happens to be here with me and has a habbit of sitting with me when I crochet and pulling my yarn from the skein for me, he balls the leftovers and untangles the yarn when it's difficult. The perfect man :manyheart . It really could be worse over here.

Kassi

Hi and Welcome Kassi from a former Michgander now living in Belgium! Glad to have you join us here at Crochetville! While not Military, I know how hard it is to be away for long periods. I have several friends deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq right now, with my best friend going that way fairly soon. All the best to you!

Archived