popcorn shrug

Pyogazel

th_DSCN1165.jpg th_devant2.jpg

I made a Mrs who's inspired shrug, it's unfinished on the picture where my daughter wears it, you can find out why here ...

~ UPDATE ~ May 2006 (8 months later!)

Just wanted to share for those who have had the same issue (that is the mommy-i-d'ont-wonna-wear-that-suff-you-just-spent-one-month-crocheting issue), my sweet little one now wears her shrug to her heart content (and to mine) :D

:hook picture here :

134406874_5ded16bf1c_m.jpg

So, ladies, there's still hope! :manyhearts

Thank you everyone,

I know when I sew/crochet/weave/knit something for her there's 50% chances she won't like it... I know beu still I cnat' help being disappointed... hopefully she has 3 cousins her age, one of them will like it ;)

My mother use to knit, sew and crochet. I very rearly liked what she made, and she could make a suit with lining. Anyway, I wore them cause I had to. I couldn't wait to get a job and buy cloths like other people.:angry

Now!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had the cloths and sweaters and such that she made me. Crocheting and knitting myself, I can now appreciate what she did.:knit

Hang in there someday she will appreciate all you make.:hug

The shrug is beautiful and I agree it looks like something a princess :princess would wear.

:manyheart Well you can tell your daughter I wish it would fit me. :( That is lovely and one of the things on my to do list. I think you did a lovely job :yay:cheer:yay:cheer:yay and it turned out charming. :c9 I will have to remember all your hints when I finally get around to making one for myself. Which will be about the time they go out of style.:eek That is norm for me. :think

Cute, cute, cute!! :manyheart I wish I could make one of these but I'm one who really needs a pattern. I'm much too chicken to venture out all on my own.

Sorry you dd didn't like it. :( It's amazing how they have their own little personalities no matter how young they are. My 2yo ds is very clear in his likes and dislikes and it just blows me away. In my mind, he's not old enough to know what he wants yet! :lol;)

Thank you very much for your warm comments and compliments

:c9

Tampa Doll, now that you mention it, I remember I used to feel exactly the same about what my mother would sew or crochet for me :lol

I'll just hang in there ;)

It's super cute. I like the sleeves a lot.

I was just checking it out on your blog. Are you going to make the Woman's sweater you have a pic off? That's really pretty.

Thank you ladies :)

ZingyZoid, I intend to crochet every single item I mention in my blog... but i'm not sure a lifetime will be enough to do so!

gingerchai, I hope so too...

• 6 months later...

Archived