Blue Print Crochet Sweaters

Beaglelady

http://www.anniescatalog.com/detail.html?prod_id=99846

So I ordered the book, received it the other day.   Beautiful sweaters, but it's not exactly what I thought it would be   :blink .   It has both written and symbol directions (which is just greek to me).  I consider myself about the intermediate level as I have done some patterns at that level.   But this book was beyond me.   If a beginner looking to learn making sweaters, I personally wouldn't recommend it.    Sorry to say, I'm sending back the book.      

good to know info.   I had a peek at the link and see there is mostly vests.  let us know if you find another pattern sweater book that is better. 

not sure what you call a vest, but there are many in the book that are not vests.  I don't think it was intended as a beginner book on making sweaters.   The patterns are by some top crochet designers and are very well written in what I read through.  Some beautiful patterns!  I may even get the chance to make one someday in my spare time...ok when I'm 80

I am sorry you did not like the book, but am also curious.

I find Robyn' s work to be particularly well written and geared to teaching and improving skills. 

Admitting to being a very serious fan of Symbol Crochet (and Knitting also for that matter).

It is my experience that books like Robyn's Blue Print series opens the door for you to so many wonderful designs motifs while teaching how to "fit" them into a garment shape - a set of skills well worth the time it took me to learn.

Reading the description used by Annie's,  it seems to accurately describe the book.  So as someone who has to write book descriptions, with an eye to improving myself,  may I ask t what you were expecting?  

Thanks for sharing.

I'm also a fan of Robyn's books, and of symbol diagrams.  I think it is important to note that while some people have a lot of difficulty learning to read the symbol diagrams, some people are immediately able to use them as the visual symbols speak very clearly to a visual thinker.  For some of us, there is hardly any learning curve.  So I think that for some beginners, a book that presents symbol diagrams will be the perfect learning tool.  

not sure what you call a vest, but there are many in the book that are not vests.  I don't think it was intended as a beginner book on making sweaters.   The patterns are by some top crochet designers and are very well written in what I read through.  Some beautiful patterns!  I may even get the chance to make one someday in my spare time...ok when I'm 80

You are not sure what I call a vest but yet you see that many in the book that are not vests so I guess you know what I mean by a vest. and yes I know that there were other patterns in the book that were not vests as I stated that I had a look at it. 

I was in Barnes & Noble today and they happened to have it I looked through it since I was intrigued by the posts.

I don't normally wear sweaters, but I actually liked some of the patterns since they were not your typical winter type warm sweaters. I also do not like diagrams, find them difficult to follow, easier for me to read written instructions.

Another possibility for my overflowing collection of patterns, LOL.

LI Roe

You are not sure what I call a vest but yet you see that many in the book that are not vests so I guess you know what I mean by a vest. 

I looked at the Annie's link and at Ravelry.  I see one vest, Summer Sky Vest. You say there are many that are vests.  I too am wondering what you call vests. Is it different in Canada?

Here is the Ravelry page that shows all the patterns in the book:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/blueprint-crochet-sweaters/patterns

Archived